you and me

this is a blog about me. and you.

Friday, July 28, 2006

less than 2 weeks until i leave.

but i have to admit, thought grudgingly, madison has grown on me.

i didnt want it to, and i tried to resist - but last week brunch at sophia's was like the old west side. i felt like it was a city i could actually live in.

then to go swimming in lake mendota was well worth it, even if it was cold.

then cooking a big dinner and watching a movie called 'the god of cookery'. apparently i was so engrossed in the film that my friend took half a dozen pictures of me before i realized what was going on.

thus demonstrating how powerful this film is.
also, there have been some big rainstorms goin on.

the better to study to.

im also working on a shadow puppet show to go up my last week here. we were not able to get access to the gamelan at the university here,

so we went to the salvation army and made our own.

check back for some sound recordings/pictures.

and this last one is for all you mac and cheese heads out there - you know who you are. ian's pizza here in madison has your ultimate slice - the mac and cheese slice. my sister almost got it today (you know how it is when youre on vacation). but she didnt. so i cant tell you how it is. but take a look and dream of that smooth american pasturized taste....

1 Comments:

At 4:18 AM, Anonymous Pam said...

Congrats to you! You are simply awesome. So awesome. If it weren't for you, we would have no wayang kulit, no memories of epic sapi battles, no random acts of destroying public property, no uber-euphonious gamelan dapur, and no happy ending! Selamat, ya. Terima kasih banyak.

Post a Comment

<< Home