you and me

this is a blog about me. and you.

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Recently I went to see my friend Matthew and his family. They live in Oregon, Wisconsin, about 20 mintues outside of Madison.

Oregon, WI reminds me of where my parents live, a little town called Mechanicsville, maybe 20 minutes north of Richmond, Virginia. Matt's directions to Oregon read as follows:
"Get on Park St. heading south (away from campus)
You'll eventually pass under the highway (we call it the beltine)- Park St. will turn into Hwy 14.
Drive for 10 minutes or so until you come to the Oregon exit. Take a right at the end of the off ramp.
Head into town - you'll pass the McDonald's, a cemetary, the grocery, eventually coming into a residential area.

You will come to our quaint downtown (it's small) and the road will fork. Head to the left (Janesville Rd.)
Ours is the street on the right - Turn Right.
We are the house on the left. You'll see the for sale sign in the lawn."

Sometimes when i see places for the first time i say "oh, it looks like (insert the name of a place I've seen before)".
Do all places look like places we've seen before? What if we see more places, then go back to the places that we used to think we knew what they looked like - do they still look like those first places we referenced, or do they now look different?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home