Translate into Hindi.
1. Who is in this room? My father.
2. Where are these girls going? To Delhi.
3. I think that four seers ( s:ðr, m.) is enough.
4. Which road shall I take? The one to Bombay.
5. Is your car out of order (= Q:rab: ) ? Yes, since yesterday.
6. My daughter does not understand Hindi.
7. Will you fix this for me? For my brothers?
8. She was singing and everybody else ( b:aqi ) was listening.
9. Have you been able to write that letter? No, I haven't.
10. Some people had arrived there at eight-thirty.
11. We met them in their office at two-thirty.
12. Listen! I'm not your father. So why should I give you money?
Return to review of nominal and verbal forms.
To index of grammatical notes.
To index of m:lhar.
Keyed in and posted 7 Sept 2001.