you and me

this is a blog about me. and you.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

i hate the sight of my own blood.

last nite i went out with my friends to a bar with one of those photo booths. we got photos.

but then realized that the camera was lower than we thought.
so we tried again.

i love these - once the camera started to go off, it was like we were on a roller coaster, everyone started screaming and we all got really giddy. it was beautiful. i feel like we all took a trip to virginia beach together or something.
then today i cut off the end of one of my fingers at work. i had to go to the hospital. one of my coworkers designed a bandage for me which i thought at the time was an excessive exercise in guaze wrapping.

but then this was the bandage that i came out of the emergency room with.

that and a perscription for vicodin.
my work called me later to tell me that they had found the part of my finger that i had cut off. that was nice of them. they laughed a lot and then threw it away. when i heard that they had found it, i was slightly embarassed. my roomate says that the part of my finger they found is like a souvenir. but then we were wondering, if its something you lost instead of a trinket from an experience gained, is it really a souvenir? what is it?
a memory perhaps. or maybe a ghost.

4 Comments:

At 11:27 PM, Blogger fb said...

This sounds f'd up. who wrapped your finger at the museum? how much finger did you lose?

I love the photos above the injury.

here is my blog:

www.towardasimplerwayoflife.blogspot.com

At 2:06 AM, Blogger ronen w/soup said...

i like the first four pics. i'm also curious as to how much finger you lost. could it be made into artwork?

At 12:32 AM, Blogger Rozum said...

Ouch. Are you going to get a hook at the end of your finger now? When I saw you the other day, I didn't notice, even though it was after the incident.

Darryl Hannah is missing most of one of her fingers too. Now she can be almost as cool as you.

At 11:32 PM, Blogger katcomics said...

hey whats going on...its not like i can call you or anything...so you gotta keep this thing up to date...up to the minute...

Post a Comment

<< Home