you and me

this is a blog about me. and you.

Monday, May 01, 2006

this evening there was a party to say goodbye for a friend from indonesia. i will see him in a few months, and we had fun, but it was a little sad too.
another student made him and his wife a book of photos from all the things they did while they were here. they loved it, and he said that his father (who is also a puppeteer, like he is, in Java) will love to see pictures of his work and life here.

sometimes it feels like he is going really far away, but its all relative i suppose.

why am i obsessed with airplanes and traveling lately? and why am i thinking a lot about identity and moving around a lot? I'm an american, we have all the land we could ever need and we dont go anywhere, except in our cars.

Who am I to talk to anyone about identity, feeling like Im floating around, lately always in the undefined and unknown, both in physical space and in my head?
and this thing about our memories and experiences, aren't they all colored by time and our selective memories, the focus and clarity of it all blurring up as we go on?

would we really want to remember it as it was?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home