you and me

this is a blog about me. and you.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Oh man.

Its summer here. And im feelin it.

Not only is it the end of the semester, when your body goes from being in 24-7 frantic mode

Where youre running all the time

to being in “hey, lets gooo droooppp thhhaaaaat booookkkkk ooooooffffaaaattttt llliiiiiiiiibbbbrrrrraaaaaaaarrrryyyyyy…………..no lets just take a nap” mode.

Its also summer.

Im having to propose some projects soon that ive not been thinking about yet. Wondering if I have been working so much on getting random little things done (that reminds me, I need to finish my taxes) that I haven’t been thinking about the big things.

Forest for the trees sort of issue.

Shit. Who has time to think about the big things? Also, isn’t there a thing where if you spend all your time thinking about the big things then you may never go out and do them?

I dunno the answer to any of these questions, nor do I know how to live in a way that I am a better person that the rest of anyone else. All I can do really is be honest with myself and look at things in the face when they’re not clear or seem shady or off.

This is Mike Kelly. He has been making rock sculptures for 23 years in Nichols arboretum. He said that the latest one forms an image of jesus’ heart in the huron river, and was created after jesus gave him the divine inspiration for it 23 years ago. mr. kelly makes things out of natural elements only found in the arb, doesnt want to bring anything in. he loves the arb and loves what he makes and is driven to make these sculptures for other people to enjoy. It is very simple – he is inspired, decides he needs to make these things, and then he does.

I think sometimes I think too much.

1 Comments:

At 1:26 AM, Blogger gharp said...

we saw this mike kelly person while canoeing one afternoon (this was me and alison). unfortunately we couldn't canoe through jesus's heart- I think because he didn't want us to break it or it wasn't finished yet or both. In any case, jesus's heart (which we rode through on the return journey) was the highlight of the river trip- like a water slide, only in a canoe.

Post a Comment

<< Home