Four Dragon Island
Volume Eight
The Dragon Teases

Summary by Amparo Bertram




Fei works on a plan to infiltrate the Blue Dragon's mansion, enlisting the aid of some locals with no love for their lord. He puzzles over why the Blue Dragon would use such devious means to acquire Shulingfan lumber, when the planned construction nowhere near justifies the amount stolen. Meanwhile, Max enjoys his time as his rival's "guest."

Max discovers that the Blue Dragon's twin sister has possession of both Lingchuan, who claims to be searching for her son, and Fei's lost earring. Knowing that the sister is the one thing the Blue Dragon loves, he charms her, helping to fray the bonds between the two.

Once inside, Fei attempts to force the White Dragon to return with him. (Max: "If that's the extent of your courtship, you're never going to get me into bed.") However, Max refuses to leave before he has taken the greatest advantage of his situation. He learns that the Blue Dragon's grudge against him originated ten years earlier when the Great Dragon intimidated the previous Blue Dragon into deciding to try for another heir to replace his sadistic son. The current Blue Dragon, a young boy at the time, murdered his father to prevent it.

The Blue Dragon captures Fei and attempts to torture him to get a rise out of his rival, but Max never loses his attitude of mild amusement. Later he gets the twin sister to release Fei and forces a confrontation with Lingchuan. She is just about to reveal the identity of Fei's father when their actions are discovered, and she winds up being spirited off by Tienlang. Max and Fei return home. The Blue Dragon is determined to crush his rival completely, making use of a pirate fleet he has been building in secret.

[Previous] [Next] [Back to Silongtou]