Full-length papers and significant proceedings
Technical reports, permanent working papers, etc.
- "A simplex method for uncapacitated pure-supply infinite network flow problems," Christopher T Ryan, Robert L Smith, Marina A Epelman, 2017.
- "New Methods for Resolving Conflicting Requests with Examples from Medical Residency Scheduling," Brian Lemay, Amy Cohn, Marina A Epelman, Stephen Gorga, Production and Operations Management, 2017, in press.
- "Simplex Algorithm for Countable-state Discounted Markov Decision Processes,"Ilbin Lee, Marina A. Epelman, H. Edwin Romeijn, Robert L. Smith, Operations Research, 65(4):1029–1042, 2017.
- "Optimizing Global Liver Function in Radiation Therapy Treatment Planning," Victor Wu, Marina Epelman, Hesheng Wang, H Edwin Romeijn, Mary Feng, Yue Cao, Randall Ten Haken, Martha Matuszak, Physics in Medicine and Biology 61(17):6465–84, 2016.
- "Scheduling Crash Tests at Ford Motor Company," Daniel Reich, Yuhui Shi, Marina Epelman, Amy Cohn, Ellen Barnes, Kirk Arthurs, Erica Klampf, INTERFACES, 46(5):409–423, 2016.
- "An Analytical Approach to Prototype Vehicle Test Scheduling," Daniel Reich, Yuhui Shi, Marina Epelman, Erica Klampf, Amy Cohn, Omega 67:168-176, 2016.
- "Parameter-free Sampled Fictitious Play for Solving Deterministic Dynamic Programming Problems,"Irina Dolinskaya, Marina Epelman, Esra Sisikoglu, Robert L. Smith, Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications 169(2):631–655, 2016.
- "Subsidized Prediction Markets for Risk Averse Agents," Stanko Dimitrov, Marina A. Epelman, Rahul Sami, ACM Transactions on Economics and Computation 3(4), Paper 24, 2015.
- "VMATc: VMAT with constant gantry speed and dose rate," Fei Peng, Steve B Jiang, H Edwin Romeijn, Marina A Epelman, Phys. Med. Biol. 60(7):2955-79, 2015
- "Extreme point characterization of constrained nonstationary infinite-horizon Markov decision processes with finite state space," I. Lee, M.A. Epelman, H.E. Romeijn, R.L. Smith, Operations Research Letters 42(3):238–245, 2014
- "A Dynamic Programming Approach to Achieving an Optimal End State Along a Serial Production Line," S.-F. Cheng, B.E. Nicholson, M.A. Epelman, D,J. Reaume, R.L. Smith, IIE Transactions 45(12):1278–1293, 2013
- "A new column generation based algorithm for VMAT treatment plan optimization," F. Peng, X. Jia, X. Gu, M.A. Epelman, H.E. Romeijn, and S.B. Jiang, Phys. Med. Biol. 57:4569–4588, 2012
- "Stochastic programming for off-line adaptive radiotherapy," M.Y. Sir, M.A. Epelman and S.M. Pollock, Annals of Operations Research, 2010
- "Sampled Fictitious Play for Approximate Dynamic Programming," Marina A. Epelman, Archis Ghate and Robert L. Smith, Computers and Operations Research, 38:1705-1718, 2011
- "A sampled fictitious play based learning algorithm
for infinite horizon Markov decision processes," E. Sisikoglu, M.A. Epelman and R.L. Smith, Proceedings of the 2011 Winter Simulation Conference,
S. Jain, R. R. Creasey, J. Himmelspach, K. P. White, and M. Fu, eds., IEEE, 2001 (Refereed proceedings)
- "Optimizing call center staffing using simulation and analytic center cutting plane methods," Julius Atlason, M.A. Epelman and Shane G. Henderson, Management Science 54:295–309, 2008
- "Assignment of Swimmers to Dual Meet Events," Maciek Nowak, M.A. Epelman, and Stephen Pollock. Computers and Operations Research 33(7):1951–1962, 2006.
- "A Shortest Path Approach to the Multiple-Vehicle Routing Problem with Split Pick-Ups," Chi-Guhn Lee, M.A. Epelman, Chelsea C. White, III, Yavuz Bozer, Transportation Research, Part B 40(4):265–284, 2006.
- "Ideal spatial radiotherapy dose distributions subject to positional uncertainties," M.Y. Sir, S.M. Pollock, M.A. Epelman, Kwok L. Lam and Randall K. Ten Haken, Phys. Med. Biol., 51(24):6329–6347, 2006
- "CoSIGN: A Parallel Algorithm for Coordinated Traffic Signal Control," Shih-Fen Cheng, M.A. Epelman and R.L. Smith, IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, 7(4):551–564, 2006
"Costlets: A Generalized Approach to Cost Functions for Automated Optimization of IMRT Treatment Plans
," Marc L. Kessler, Daniel L. Mcshan, M.A. Epelman, Karen A. Vineberg, Avraham Eisbruch, Theodore S. Lawrence, Benedick A. Fraass. Optimization and Engineering 6:421–448, 2005.
"Anisogamy, expenditure of reproductive effort, and the optimality of having two sexes," M.A. Epelman, Stephen Pollock, Brian Netter, and Bobbi Low. Operations Research 53(3):560–567, 2005.
"A Fictitious Play Approach to Large-Scale Optimization," Theodore Lambert, III, M.A. Epelman, and R.L. Smith. Operations Research 53(3):477–489, 2005.
- "Call center staffing with simulation and cutting plane methods," Julius Atlason, M.A. Epelman and Shane G. Henderson.
Annals of Operations Research 127:333–358, 2004.
"Using simulation to approximate subgradients of convex performance measures in service systems," J. Atlason, M. Epelman and S. G. Henderson, Proceedings of the 2003 Winter Simulation Conference, S. Chick, P. J. Sanchez, D. Ferrin, and D. J. Morrice, eds., IEEE, 2003.
"A new condition measure, pre-conditioners, and relations between different measures of conditioning for conic linear systems," M.A. Epelman, Robert M. Freund,
SIAM Journal on Optimization, 12(3):627–655, 2002.
- "Condition Number Complexity of an Elementary Algorithm for Computing a Reliable Solution of a Conic Linear System," M.A. Epelman, Robert M. Freund.
Mathematical Programming A 88(3):451–485, 2000.
"Robust Linear Optimization With Recourse," Aurélie Thiele, Tara Terry, and Marina Epelman, 2010.
"New Models of Network Routing under Active Congestion Control," Stanko Dimitrov, M.A. Epelman, Dushyant Sharma, 2009.
"Finding Fixed Points by Averaging with Well-Behaved Maps," M.A. Epelman, Thomas L. Magnanti, Georgia Perakis, 2001.
Old version available as MIT O.R. Working Paper 322-97.
- Condition Number Complexity of an Elementary Algorithm for Resolving a Conic Linear System," M.A. Epelman, Robert M. Freund, MIT O.R. Working Paper 319-97, 1997.
"Complexity, Condition Numbers, and Conic Linear Systems," Ph.D. Thesis, Massachusetts Institute of Technology,