POLICY & MEDIA
- UN Credibility on Trial in Cambodia, YaleGlobal, May 15, 2015
- China and Vietnam: Riots and the Risk of Escalation in the South China Sea (with Jessica Chen Weiss), China-US Focus Digest, July 2014
- Temple troubles: Thailand and Cambodia at the ICJ, Bangkok Post, Apr. 28-May 4, 2013
- Chinese Dilemmas in the South China Sea, CNN.com, June 23, 2011
Recent Comments in the Media
- Nandini Krishnamoorthy, Tsai Ing-wen: Taiwan’s first female president omits mention of one-China policy in inaugural speech,” International Business Times, May 20, 2016
- “Из-за соглашения с АСЕАН Россия ввязывается в спор в Южно-Китайском морe” [Due to ASEAN agreement, Russia gets involved in South China Sea Dispute], RIA News (Russia), May 20, 2016
- Mei Zi, “學者：兩岸關係僵化經濟才是小英最大挑戰” [Scholars: rigid cross-straits relations are the biggest challenge], China Times, May 20, 2016.
- Precious Silva, South China Sea Dispute: Russia Meddles in Contested Region, Morning News USA, May 20, 2016.
- Gillian Wong, Taiwan's Leader Faces Thornier Ties with China, Growth Woes, Associated Press, May 19, 2016
- Edwin Mora, Taiwan to Inaugurate First Female President Amid Tensions with China, Breitbart News, May 19, 2016.
- Thanh Phuong, “Nga muốn can thiệp vào tranh chấp Biển Đông thông qua ASEAN” [Russia wants to intervene in the South China Sea Disputes through ASEAN], RFI tiêng viêt (Vietnam), May 19, 2016.
- Hean Socheata, Vietnam Arms Embargo Talks with Obama Raise Concerns, VOA Khmer, May 19, 2016.
- Sok Khemara, Russia Weighs Into South China Sea Dispute with Asean Accord, Voice of America, May 19, 2016.
- Hong Thuy, “Campuchia lên tiếng về chuyến thăm Việt Nam của Tổng thống Obama” [Cambodia spoke about the visit to Vietnam by President Obama], Giaoduc (Vietnam), May 18, 2016.
- Alex Willemyns, Government Runs Amok As Opposition Leaders Absent, Cambodia Daily, Apr. 29, 2016
- Esther Htusan, Suu Kyi Loyalist Confirmed for Myanmar Presidential Race, Associated Press, Mar. 11, 2016
- Trade, human rights, China form backdrop at ASEAN summit, Take Two (Los Angeles), Feb. 16, 2016.
- Julie Makinen, Obama hosts ASEAN summit, a first in the U.S., Los Angeles Times, Feb. 15, 2016.
- Sok Khemara, Draft ‘Sunnylands Principles’ Include Potential Sticking Points, Voice of America, Feb. 14, 2016.
- “Lào không muốn Biển Đông bị quân sự hóa [Laos does not want militarized South China Sea],” Tuôi Tré (Vietnam), Feb. 12, 2016.
- Ben Otto, U.S. Moves to Boost Ties on China’s Doorstep, Wall Street Journal, Feb. 11, 2016 (reprinted in The Australian).
- George Wright, Defense Lawyer’s Jibes at Judge Get Personal in Interview, Cambodia Daily, Feb. 4, 2016.
- Tomas Lundin, Kambodjansk vädjan till Kerry (Cambodia Plea to Kerry), Svenska Dagbladet (Sweden), Jan. 26, 2016.
- Sok Khemara, Kerry Expected to Focus on Trade Over Rights Concerns on Cambodia Visit, Voice of America, Jan. 24, 2016.
- Laura Mannering, As Tsai Pledges Stronger Taiwan, Beijing Watches and Waits, Agence France Presse, Jan. 17, 2016
- Naoya Yoshino, Tsai’s victory not seen affecting US policy in Northeast Asia, Nikkei Asian Review, Jan. 17, 2016.
- Cary Huang, Does Taiwan Still Matter to Mainland China? South China Morning Post, Jan. 16, 2016.