Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Currently in Romania...

Currently in Romania there are a few issues that I noticed popping up in all the papers.

Evidently, there is a new theme park opening up in Transylvania that is supposed to bring in a lot of tourism to the area. The money that comes in will be very good for the economy! A plus for this poorer country. The theme park's THEME is the whole vampire legend...which actually, I saw on the Descovery channel one time that it is true. Well, not that there are vampires of course, but that there was a man who used to bathe in, and drink, the blood of young women. I think this was in the 1800's, but I'm not sure. Very interesting, huh?

Also, I heard something about some crazy Canadians digging for gold in Romania. Now, who knew that Canadians ran around digging up other countrie's gold? Not me! Anways, they are digging up this gold and some organization of Romanian people, that are all about nature, are very upset about this- they are protesting.

Another thing I heard was that the senate went on a vacation day. I don't really know what that's all about though.

I know there's more...maybe I'll look again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home