Monday, March 21, 2005
80 Uni-Solar SHR-17 solar shingles, purchased from the Alternative Energy Store, Worcester, MA: $8685, including shipping.
From the Solar Panel Store, New Castle, CO:
- Outback FX2548 Inverter, 49-volt DC to 120-volt AC, 2500 watt max. output: $1640
- Outback FXA Adapter Kit: $109.65
- Outback PS2MP mounting plate: $103.20
- Outback HUB-4 Communications Manager: $165.75
- Outback RTS Remote Temperature Sensor: $24.65
- Shipping for all above items: $70.20
- Outback MX60 Maximum Power Point Tracking Charge Controller: $499
- Outback PS2AC-50D AC disconnect box: $305
- Outback PS2DC-100 DC disconnect box: $260
- Outback Mate Remote Monitor and Control: $235
- Shipping for above items: $78.97
The batteries cost me $300.
Here's all of the Outback equipment in the boxes...
And here it is unpacked:
On the left is the charge controller; third from the left is the inverter. The two big boxes are the disconnect boxes (AC and DC), and the mounting plate is shown behind.