Year's End

Part Four


Kurama shivered as he watched his lover's face fill with determination. Oh, he was in for it now.

He could hardly wait.

The youkai stalked toward him and, with one hand on his chest, urged him to lie down on the quilt. Then, obeying the strong hands at his hips, he rolled to rest on his side with one arm above his head for a cushion. Kurama marveled at Hiei's poise. The fire demon had never been this self-assured in their lovemaking. It still felt as if he didn't really know this person lavishing such care and attention on his body. He didn't know what to expect next...and he loved it.

So much to explore. Hiei's eyes burned with inner fire as he looked down at the relaxed form of his lover. He wanted to drive his fox insane with pleasure. It wasn't something he had ever really thought about before. Yet, for the first time, he wanted Kurama to realize that he was bonded to an equal...in all things.

He started on one pale, golden shoulder, licking and nibbling his way toward Kurama's vulnerable throat. Kneeling behind the youko with one hand braced in front of the fox and the other behind his head, Hiei leaned forward and sucked gently at the pulse throbbing beneath his lips. Kurama's groan vibrated against the fire demon's mouth, and Hiei darted a questing tongue out to taste. Then, using the hand braced in front of Kurama for balance, Hiei brought his other hand up to smooth away the bright silver hair from the youko's neck and tangled it sensuously in the silken strands. Slowly, to avoid making Kurama aware of his intent, Hiei stroked his fingers through the youko's hair until he was lightly massaging the furry ears.

The kitsune froze for one brief second in shock and then moaned at the unexpected stimulus. Indulging in a fit of uncharacteristic curiosity, Hiei straightened to balance on his knees and used his other hand to glide slowly down Kurama's side and over his flank until it rested at the small of the youko's back.

The only time that Kurama had ever assumed youko form during their lovemaking had been their first encounter in this same clearing almost a year ago. As a result, Hiei had never really had the opportunity to discover all the nuances and differences of his lover's youko form. He remembered how sensitive Kurama's ears had been, and he had privately concluded that his tail must be another erogenous zone for the kitsune.

Using just his fingertips, Hiei traced the youko's spine, starting between his shoulder blades, and noticed that as he got to Kurama's lower back there was a light tracing of downy soft fur. The line of hair grew thicker until it blended with the luxuriant tail that twitched so restlessly across the quilt as the youko concentrated on the glorious sensations assaulting his ears.

Flattening his hand to rest palm down on Kurama's lower back, Hiei tunneled his fingers into the fur until he could feel the delicate bones beneath it and then gently stroked down to the quivering tip. The kitsune arched his head back, dislodging the youkai's caressing fingers, and Hiei smiled at the hoarse shout of pleasure that escaped his lover's lips. Ah, I was right. The fire demon continued to stroke the tail, then used his fingernails to scratch lightly up the youko's spine, and his smile widened at the low growl coming from the kitsune's throat. Hn, liked that, too, did you? A demon could grow very addicted to the power you give your lovers. Hiei's gaze narrowed as he looked at Kurama's tightly clenched eyes. But no one else will ever have the chance again. You're mine!

An idea suddenly occurred to the youkai, and he wondered how Kurama would react. He had noticed that the fur on his kitsune's tail was very soft and silky and perfect for what he was contemplating. Hiei reached down and carefully manipulated the youko's tail so that it barely brushed the backs of Kurama's naked thighs, eliciting a choked gasp from its owner. The smirk covering Hiei's face might have warned the youko, but he was too involved in the ticklish and tantalizing pleasure that the fire demon was so creatively giving him. The sensation of silky soft fur sliding over his hip and caressing his arousal evoked another enthusiastic moan.

Hiei gently pushed the youko over to rest on his back and settled between Kurama's thighs, stretching out over his lover so that he could reach one of his favorite areas of exploration. The youkai smiled as he felt strong arms close around him, the youko finally given an anchor in the storm of sensation. The fire demon brushed silver strands to one side and then licked and sucked at the kitsune's collarbones, allowing his fangs to graze the tender skin resulting in shudders of pleasure from the youko. The graceful twin arches were incredibly sexy in this form, and Hiei felt bound to show the right amount of appreciation.

Kurama's neck never failed to hold his attention, either. He loved the feel of the strong pulse of his lover's lifeblood beneath his lips and soon found himself inexorably drawn there. Sliding his hands into Kurama's hair and once more caressing his ears, he tipped his lover's head back so that he could delve his tongue into the hollow of his throat. Then, tilting his head to the side, he stretched up and traced the strong curve of Kurama's jaw with his questing tongue, pausing to nibble here and there. Perhaps it was his Koorime/vampiric heritage, but, for Hiei, Kurama's neck was one of the sexiest places on the youko.

Finally feeling the need to move on, he slowly drew his hands away from the youko's hair and slid back down his body until he could lavish appropriate attention on Kurama's sensitive nipples. Using the same technique as he had with the youko's collarbones, Hiei drew breathless moans from Kurama with his talented mouth, noting the fast beat of his lover's heart. Encouraging Kurama's arms to loosen and fall back to the quilt, Hiei stroked his hands up and then down the kitsune's sides, using firm pressure to avoid tickling.

Continuing to move down, he scooted backward and curved his strong hands around Kurama's muscled flanks to grasp the firm curves of his rear. Hiei nuzzled the proud erect flesh of the youko's penis with his cheek and smiled as Kurama's hips arched in unconscious reaction. You want more, don't you, lover? You *need* more. The youkai stroked his other cheek against Kurama's arousal and then turned to bite the inside of one golden thigh gently. You're vulnerable now. I could do anything I want to you, and you'd beg for more.

Hiei licked the bitten area and then very lightly ran the tip of his tongue from the base of the youko's hardened length to the top. Using his fingers, he traced over the fur surrounding the kitsune's balls and then continued down until he was caressing the puckered flesh at the entrance to Kurama's body. Going just a little bit further, Hiei's eyes widened in surprise as he found a place just below the youko's tail and just behind his anus that made his fox growl deeply within his throat. The sexy undulation of the youko's hips left no doubt that it was pleasure that the kitsune was feeling. Hn, you never told me about *that* before. Hiei was amused to realize that the silver youko seemed to be one big erogenous zone. *Anything* seemed to please him. Yet that knowledge was very freeing as well. It meant that Hiei could do anything and it would be pleasing to the kitsune. Everything was welcome.

He noticed that Kurama had grabbed fistfuls of the quilt on either side to gain some measure of control and that his eyes were still firmly clenched. You are mine, lover, and I want you to look into my eyes with my name on your lips as I claim you as my bonded.

Hiei got to his knees and was surprised to discover that his first attempt to say Kurama's name produced no sound. He noticed that his body was shivering with his arousal, and he realized that he had completely ignored his own reactions as he concentrated on his fox. His ruby eyes glittered with the need to join with his lover, and his next attempt at speech produced a husky, "Kurama."

The youko lifted heavy lids and blinked at Hiei, revealing brilliant gold eyes. "Say my name, Kurama." The fire demon positioned his body so that his arousal nudged at the entrance to his lover's body, his intent unmistakable. A slow smile curved the kitsune's lips as he inhaled deeply and then throatily whispered, "Hiei..."

One smooth thrust later and they were joined in a way that was beyond every dream that Hiei had ever had. He tipped his head back, closing his eyes, and groaned at the exquisite stimulation of his lover enveloping him. He had never felt so trusted as he did at the moment in this clearing after their argument when Kurama had laid his pride open before him and waited, uncertain if Hiei would forgive him. He felt that trust evidenced again as he was given the gift of Kurama's body on this very special night.

Hiei looked down at his fox's face and felt himself falling into the depth of love and feeling that blazed from the gold eyes. Softly at first, and then more frantically, their hips rose and fell as they strove toward climax, gazes locked. Finally they reached the peak together, and Kurama cradled his precious fire demon in his strong arms, each struggling to catch his breath. Nuzzling his face in Hiei's hair, the youko whispered one last thing to follow the youkai into his dreams, "Ai shiteru." Then, pulling the quilt around them in a warm cocoon, the kitsune allowed himself to give in to his own exhaustion.

* * *

Kurama woke suddenly and blinked at his surroundings. He had been having the most wonderful dream. He closed his eyes again, trying to call back the feelings of warmth and contentment that had filled it.

The sleeping form in his arms shifted and rolled to face him, mumbling something under his breath. The youko's eyes snapped open, and a grin spread across his lips as he pondered what kind of dreams Hiei might be having. Probably beating Kuwabara to a bloody pulp.

He noted that only an hour or two had passed since they had fallen asleep, and they still had a long time until dawn. The youko eased back far enough that he could look down into the relaxed and seductively vulnerable face of his sleeping lover. No dream could compare to this sweet reality. He never got tired of waking up with Hiei in his arms. It didn't happen nearly as often as he would like, since he was still living at home with his mother. Ah, well, soon they would be able to get a place of their own.

Kurama looked around their cozy arbor and congratulated himself once again for his idea. He knew that Hiei had recognized the significance of the candles. Hmm, I wonder if he noticed the rose petals? His gaze wandered across the garments scattered around the room. He had been impressed with the beauty of the outfit that his fire demon had created for their ceremony. It was something that he would always treasure, and he could certainly understand Hiei's past reluctance to wear his phoenix tunic for just any occasion. Some things were meant to be enjoyed privately. Of course, this wouldn't stop him from begging Hiei to wear the tunic at every opportunity. Kurama sighed in remembered appreciation. So sexy.

A flash of crimson caught his attention, and he realized that it was his silk belt. That particular part of the costume had been a nice touch. The kitsune snorted quietly to himself, amazed that the fire demon had fooled everyone into thinking that he could care less about fashion. He's practically as vain as I am. Look at all those belts he wears. His pants aren't *that* hard to keep up!

Kurama reached out and carefully, to avoid jostling Hiei, snagged an end of the belt and pulled it toward him. Lying back on the quilt and casually fingering the soft material, the youko allowed his thoughts to wander. Apparently the fire demon had learned all of his body's secrets. He remembered how surprised Hiei had been the first time he had touched his youko ears and discovered their sensitivity. Kurama smiled at the memory. The contact had been all the more tantalizing because he hadn't known that Hiei was going to do it. The fire demon had commanded that he keep his eyes closed.

The stroking fingers stilled on the sash as his last thought repeated in his mind. ...all the more tantalizing because he *hadn't* known... Turning on his side to regard the fire demon still sleeping deeply, Kurama's eyes narrowed as an utterly delicious idea occurred to him. After the experience that Hiei had given him, the youko wanted to return the gesture and make the night even more memorable. And he knew exactly what he wanted to do.

Gently tying the doubled length of silk around Hiei's head, Kurama was thankful that the fire demon had grown so used to his presence that he didn't immediately wake at the contact. The youko made sure that the sash was secure, then nudged the youkai over to rest on his back and tugged the quilt away to reveal the lightly tanned, muscled body hidden beneath.

Umm, where to begin? Kneeling to the side, Kurama ran his eyes over Hiei and tried to decide exactly how he wanted to start his delightful task of waking the youkai. Finally reaching a decision, the youko lowered his head and tilted his face so that he could watch Hiei's reaction as he lightly glided the length of his silver hair over the fire demon's lower body and up toward his chest. The unconscious lift of Hiei's hips encouraged Kurama to repeat the caress. The sudden stillness of the youkai's body a moment later told the kitsune exactly when Hiei distinguished what was happening to him between dream and reality.

"Do you like that, Hiei?" Kurama kept his voice at a low, sultry whisper, intrigued to see how the fire demon would respond.

When all the youkai did was nod his head slightly, the fox decided to explain what he had planned. "Do you remember when you had me close my eyes so that I couldn't tell what you were going to do to me next?" After another small nod, Kurama continued. "I've decided that temporary blindness should be very interesting for you, since you have *three* eyes." The youko reached out with one fingertip and traced from the bridge of the smaller demon's nose down over his lips, gasping when the youkai's tongue darted out to lick the exploring digit.

"Are you flirting with me?" Kurama asked teasingly, delighted by the unexpected gesture. A snort was his only answer. The fox leaned down again and nuzzled one of the youkai's ears, half hidden by the black, spiky hair. "I like that."

Taking advantage of his proximity to Hiei's neck, the youko nibbled at the smooth expanse, kissing a path down to the hollow of his throat. "Have I told you how much I love your skin?" The question was barely audible due to Kurama's reluctance to lift his lips long enough to ask.

"Often," came the laconic reply.

"Hmm," the youko breathed against the fire demon's neck as he sought out Hiei's other ear. "Too often?"

A shiver chased across the fire demon's skin, and he arched his neck in reaction to Kurama's ministrations. "I didn't say that..."

"Good." Kurama moved to straddle the youkai's supine body. Mischievously using his tail to stroke Hiei's thighs, the youko smoothed his hands over the youkai's chest, then out and down his well-muscled arms. "I'd hate to think that I'm boring you."

Hiei gasped at the ticklish torment of the youko's tail. "When has that stopped you?"

Kurama grasped each of the fire demon's wrists and pulled until his arms curved above the youkai's head. Then, meshing his fingers with the smaller demon, Kurama leaned down and licked teasingly at Hiei's lips as if sampling a new flavor of ice cream. "You don't like hearing that you taste like wild honey? Or that your mouth could make a demon trade his soul for your kiss?" No longer able to withstand the temptation of those lips, Kurama captured them in a ravenous kiss, using his tongue to chase its mate back and forth between their mouths. Drawing back only to breathe, the youko continued his exploration of Hiei's neck and moved on to the slender shoulders.

Panting slightly, Hiei growled, "No demon would trade his soul for a kiss."

"Hmm, maybe you're right." The youko bit one prominent collar bone. "What else should I ask for?" The kitsune's attention was definitely focused on other things, however, as he leaned over the youkai and brushed his lips ever so lightly over the inside of Hiei's elbow, then repeated the gesture on the other arm.

"More," the youkai insisted determinedly, suppressing his betraying shiver at the ghostly touch, "more than a kiss."

"How much more?" Kurama added a delicate lick to the tender skin and then slowly scooted down his lover's body until he could feel the thrust of Hiei's arousal against his stomach.

Hiei's hips lifted in a helpless gesture, trying to get more of the contact that he craved.

"How much more?" Kurama's voice held a note of insistence this time.

"Uhh," Hiei tilted his head back and lifted his hips again, rubbing against the youko. "Everything," came the aching whisper.

Kurama reached up and covered the youkai's lips once more with his own. "I would give everything I have to be here with you," the youko pledged when he lifted his head once more. "You are more to me than my very soul."

The fire demon stilled at his lover's solemn words and reached his arms to pull the youko down into a tight embrace. "Then I will guard it for you, for you *are* my soul."

Kiss after endless kiss followed their vows, each determined to make the other feel the truth of his words.

"I need to see you," the fire demon insisted at last.

Kurama reached up and slipped the knotted silk from Hiei's eyes, catching his breath at the fierce emotion filling the ruby depths. He marveled inwardly at the difference between this passionate creature and the self-contained person their friends were accustomed to seeing. Would they recognize this Hiei?

His thoughts were driven from his mind with Hiei's soft comment, "So beautiful."

Kurama moaned his surrender to the feelings overwhelming him. Clasping the fire demon tightly to him, the youko rolled over to lie on his back, and then ran his hands restlessly down the erotic curve of his lover's spine to firmly grip and knead Hiei's backside. Slowly and rhythmically, with his hands guiding the fire demon's hips, the two lovers thrust against each other. The pleasure they gave far surpassed anything that had gone before because each demon was intent on the satisfaction of the other. However, the moment could not last, and soon they were helpless in each other's arms as they reached their climax.

How many minutes passed between then and their next words, neither could tell, nor did they care. Yet, there was something that Hiei needed to say before he gave in to sleep's persistent call. "Ai shiteru."

Kurama smoothed his hand over Hiei's spiky hair and sighed at the feeling of his lover snuggled against his chest. "And I you, my bonded." The youko closed his eyes. "Always."

The End

[Tea Time] [previous] [Fox and Phoenix page]
© 1998 Jenn