Pink na Koneko
Page 46

'Tte, sore, jibun ga yararete mo iu ka?
Would he still say that if it had happened to him?

Nakaniwa o nuke, uramon o tobidashi, sore de mo mada okkake'kko wa tsuzuku.
He left the courtyard, ran through the back gate, and even so the chase continued.

Nigeashi-dake wa hitoichibai to omotte ita ga, soko wa kanashii tairyokusa.
He had thought that at least his legs were better than most people's, but there was a sad difference between the physical power of the two.

"A..., mo...mou damee."
"I... I can't...go any more."

Pattari chikara tsukita sono totan, mono sugoi chikara de haigo kara hipparareta.
As soon as his stamina gave out, he was grabbed from behind with incredible strength.

"Hieeee?!"

Isshun gururi to me ga mawari, ki ga tsuku to naze ka myou ni shisen ga takai.
His eyes spun for a moment, and when he recovered his line of sight was strangely high.

"Kyaa! Na...nani kore, nanii?!"
"Eek! Wh...what's this, what?!"

Kouhei wa, otoko no kata ni katsugiagerarete ita no da.
Kouhei was slung up on the guy's shoulder.

"Kusoyarooo! Shikkari hanashi tsukeyou ja nee ka."
"Damn you! We're gonna have a serious talk."

  1. -ou ja nai ka = "Let's ~ !"--used when suggesting a course of action, though in this case Sena isn't leaving room for argument
Hara ni hibiite kuru dosei ni, ahahahahaa to warau igai, ittai nani ga dekitarou.
At the angry voice that reverberated through his stomach, what could Kouhei do but laugh?

* * *

Kyouintou no ikkai no hashi'kko ni, fuudan wa hotondo ippan seito kara wa wasurerarete iru ga, seitokaishitsu naru mono ga aru.
In a corner of the faculty wing, there was a room that most students forgot about that was designated for the student council.

Imo no ko arau you na nakaniwa no nigiwai to wa taishouteki ni, seizen toshita heya no naka ni wa otoko ga hitori, mokumoku to yosan shinsei no shorui ni me o tooshite ita.
In sharp contrast to the noisy courtyard, inside the quiet room was one guy, silently looking over the paperwork for budget requests.

  1. imo no ko o arau = lit. "to wash potatoes"; apparently washing potatoes in Japan is a noisy affair, because this phrase is used idiomatically to describe the hubbub of a crowd