- Artium Baccalaureum cum laude in Mathematics and German (double major) 1964
Benedict's College (now Benedictine
College), Atchison KA.
- Magister Artium in Linguistics 1967, University of Washington, Seattle.
- Thesis: Some Applications
of Computers to Linguistic Field Methods
Co-Chairs: Robert Ritchie, Heles
- Philosophiae Doctor in Linguistics 1973, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor.
- Dissertation: Studies in English
- Associate Professor of Linguistics, Residential College, University of
- Associate Professor of Linguistics (with tenure), University of
- Assistant Professor of Linguistics, University of Michigan,
- Assistant Professor of Linguistics and Director of Programs
in English as a Foreign Language,
State University, Logan UT, 1967-1972.