"Liberal" Nancy Pelosi voted for the Homeland Security Department bill. The WSWS summarizes the numerous dangers to civil rights included in this fascist nonsense. And the Democratic "leadership" is quietly selling our country. I saw Pelosi talking with Tim Russert on Meet the Press yesterday (transcript). Here are some choice quotes from Pelosi:
- Suffice to say, we stand should-to-shoulder with the president in the fight against terrorism.
- My concern was what going into Iraq, what the impact of that would be on the war on terrorism, which is a clear and present danger.
- I donít question a decision of the president of the United States on his timing or the priority he gives a threat.
- MR. RUSSERT: But if the president decides to go unilaterally or with the British and the Turks without U.N. approval, you would support the president? REP. PELOSI: Yes, I would support the president.
- Iím very excited to follow in the footsteps of Dick Gephardt, who has been a tremendous leader for our party, and I know his contribution to our country has much more to come yet.