Our recent research in multimodal detection of human thermal discomfort was featured in IEEE Spectrum, the IEEE flagship magazine, among other venues.
Our research in the area of multimodal deception detection attracted wide media coverage resulting in several articles.
- We received an honorable mention for the outstanding paper award for the 26th annual conference on Intelligent User Interfaces, IUI 2021, for our paper "Understanding Driving Distractions: A Multimodal Approach to Distraction Detection and Recognition."
- Ari Sagherian successfully defended his thesis entitled "Understanding Learning Progressions via Automatic Scoring of Visual Models".
- Congratulation to Kais Riani for receiving the Doctoral Consortium (DC) Award to present our research in ACM PETRA 2020.
- Manvi Kamboj successfully defended her thesis entitled "Deception Detection in Political Statements".
- Our research in detecting human thermal discomfort is featured in IEEE Spectrum, the IEEE flagship magazine.
- Mohamed Abouelenien receives a grant from Ford Motor Company for multimodal modeling of human circadian rhythm.
- Mohamed Abouelenien receives a grant from TRI to develop models to detect driver's alertness.
- Mohamed Abouelenien receives two grants from Education Testing Services (ETS) to develop machine vision techniques for automated scoring of visual models.
- Christian Hessler successfully defended his thesis entitled "Extracting Physiological Measurements from Thermal Images".
- Mohamed Abouelenien receives the UM IAVS Funding Award to conduct research in detecting driver's behaviors.
- Mohamed Abouelenien is the keynote speaker for Multimedia Pragmatics in the IEEE International Conference on Multimedia Information Processing and Retrieval (IEEE MIPR 2018).
- Congratulation to Christian Hessler for receiving the NSF Travel Award to present our research in ACM PETRA 2018.
- Christian Hessler participated in the Three Minute Thesis Competition to present his current research.
- Our novel multimodal approach to detect lies using physiological and linguistic features in addition to a thermal videos tracking approach is published in IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security.
M. Abouelenien, V. Perez-Rosas, R. Mihalcea, and M. Burzo. "Detecting Deceptive Behavior Via Integration of Discriminative Features from Multiple Modalities". IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security, Vol. 12, no. 5, pages 1042-1055, 2017.