These are notes transcribed from classes I have taken. Credit for the material should go entirely to those who taught the courses; errors in the notes are entirely my own (I would be very grateful to be notified of any errata.)
Summer 2016 updates: (as of July 2) Teichmüller Theory notes have been updated with diagrams; (as of August 23) Geometric Group Theory notes have been updated with diagrams and hyperlinked references.
- [pdf] “Representation Theory of Lie Groups and Lie Algebras.”
From MAT 449 (Topics in Algebra), taught by Sophie Morel at Princeton in Fall 2013.
- [pdf] “Topology of Algebraic Links.”
From MAT 469 (Advanced Topology), taught by András Némethi at Princeton in Spring 2014.
- [in preparation] “Train Tracks: Automorphisms of Free Groups and Surfaces.”
From a NSF-RTG course taught by Mladen Bestvina at the University of Utah, July 7-18 2014.
- [pdf] “An Introduction to Geometric Group Theory.”
From MATH 697, taught by Richard Canary at Michigan in Fall 2014.
- [pdf] “An Introduction to Teichmüller Theory.”
From MATH 697, taught by Richard Canary at Michigan in Fall 2015.
- [potentially in preparation] "Geometric Group Theory."
Notes from a MSRI Summer Graduate School, Summer 2015.
Other Expository Writings
I try to jot down notes and waffle about things I learn and read about on a mathematical blag.