Welcome to Yuan's homepage!
Department of Statistics
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
439 West Hall,
1085 South University Ave.
Ann Arbor, Mi, 48109
I'm a third year Ph.D. candidate at Department of Statistics, University of Michigan.
I received my B.S. degree in Statistics at University of Science and Technology of China.
- Statistical networks analysis
- Machine learning and data mining
My co-advisors: Associate Professor Elizaveta Levina and Professor Ji Zhu
- Fall 2011 & Winter 2012: Graduate Student Instuctor (GSI) for STATS 250: Introduction to Statistics and Data Analysis
- Summer 2012: Experienced GSI Consultant at ELI 994 summer workshop, held by English Language Institute(ELI)
- Fall 2012: GSI for STATS 425:Introduction to Probability and STATS 620: Applied Probability and Stochastic Modeling
- Winter 2013: GSI for STATS 425:Introduction to Probability and STATS 601: Analysis of Multivariate and Categorical Data
- 2007 Chinese Mathematical Olympiad, National Final, Bronze Medal
- 2009-2010 National Scholarship, University of Science and Technology of China
- 2011-2012 Outstanding First Year PhD Student, Department of Statistics, University of Michigan
I recently fell in love with travelling. I'm also an ardent seeker of beauty within
music and literature.
A Fortran self-study guide from University of Cambridge.
Quote: "Noblesse Oblige"
Last updated: Aug 26, 2013