Welcome to Yuan's homepage!
Department of Statistics
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
439 West Hall,
1085 South University Ave.
Ann Arbor, Mi, 48109
(The ``hf'' stands for my hometown Hefei, China.)
I am a fifth year PhD candidate at Department of Statistics, University of Michigan.
I received my BSc degree in Statistics at University of Science and Technology of China.
My advisors: Professor Elizaveta Levina and Professor Ji Zhu
- Statistical network analysis.
- Nonparametric statistics.
Community detection in networks with node features. (with E. Levina and J. Zhu)
Detecting overlapping communities in networks using spectral methods. (with E. Levina and J. Zhu)
Estimating network edge probabilities by neighborhood smoothing. (with E. Levina and J. Zhu)
- Fall 2011 & Winter 2012: Graduate Student Instuctor (GSI) for STATS 250: Introduction to Statistics and Data Analysis
- Summer 2012: Experienced GSI Consultant at ELI 994 summer workshop, held by English Language Institute(ELI)
- Fall 2012: GSI for STATS 425: Introduction to Probability and STATS 620: Applied Probability and Stochastic Modeling
- Winter 2013: GSI for STATS 425: Introduction to Probability and STATS 601: Analysis of Multivariate and Categorical Data
- Summer 2015: Tutor for PhD student qualifying exam (Applied Statistics series)
- Fall 2015: GSI for STATS 406: Introduction to statistical computing
- 2007 Chinese Mathematical Olympiad National Final, Bronze Medal
- 2009-2010 National Scholarship, University of Science and Technology of China
- 2011-2012 Outstanding First Year PhD Student, Department of Statistics, University of Michigan
- 2013 Best student paper award at workshop "Frontiers of Network Analysis: Methods, Models, and Applications", NIPS 2013
- My Flickr profile.
Quote: "Noblesse Oblige"