Welcome to Yuan's homepage!
Department of Statistics
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
439 West Hall,
1085 South University Ave.
Ann Arbor, Mi, 48109
(The ``hf'' stands for my hometown Hefei.)
I'm a fourth year Ph.D. candidate at Department of Statistics, University of Michigan.
I received my B.S. degree in Statistics at University of Science and Technology of China.
- Network community detection.
- Dimension reduction techniques.
Papers under preparation
- Community detection in networks with node features. (with E. Levina and J. Zhu.)
- Detecting Overlapping Communities in Networks Using Spectral Methods. (with E. Levina and J. Zhu. Arxiv.)
My co-advisors: Professor Elizaveta Levina and Professor Ji Zhu
- Fall 2011 & Winter 2012: Graduate Student Instuctor (GSI) for STATS 250: Introduction to Statistics and Data Analysis
- Summer 2012: Experienced GSI Consultant at ELI 994 summer workshop, held by English Language Institute(ELI)
- Fall 2012: GSI for STATS 425:Introduction to Probability and STATS 620: Applied Probability and Stochastic Modeling
- Winter 2013: GSI for STATS 425:Introduction to Probability and STATS 601: Analysis of Multivariate and Categorical Data
- 2007 Chinese Mathematical Olympiad, National Final, Bronze Medal
- 2009-2010 National Scholarship, University of Science and Technology of China
- 2011-2012 Outstanding First Year PhD Student, Department of Statistics, University of Michigan
- 2013 Best student paper award at workshop "Frontiers of Network Analysis: Methods, Models, and Applications", NIPS 2013
- My Flickr profile.
Quote: "Noblesse Oblige"