I am an Assistant Professor in Computer Science Engineering (CSE) at the University of Michigan. I currently head the MLD3 research group. My primary research interests lie at the intersection of machine learning and healthcare. The overarching goal of my research agenda is to develop the computational methods needed to help organize, process, and transform data into actionable knowledge. To find out more about my research interests and what the group is currently working on, please follow the "Research" link above.
I received my PhD in 2014 from MIT. At MIT, I worked with Prof. John Guttag in the Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Lab (CSAIL). My PhD research focused on developing accurate patient risk-stratification approaches that leverage spatiotemporal patient data, with the ultimate goal of discovering information that can be used to reduce the incidence of healthcare-associated infections.
- October 2015: I am co-organizing workshop at the University of Michigan for undergraduates who want to find out more about opportunities for graduate studies in computer science engineering.
- August 2015: Abhishek Bafna's paper on "Automated Feature Learning" was recently accepted for presentation at ICDM 2015.
- August 2015: Devendra Goyal recently presented our work on predicting progression of Alzheimer's disease at the Meaningful Use of Complex Medical Data in LA.
- Spring 2015: I am a guest editor for a special issue of the Machine Learning Journal.
- *I am looking for a Postdoc please contact me with your CV*