Hair

A Kung Fu: The Legend Continues scene

by Amparo Bertram


Peter had never really paid a great deal of attention to hair. He could always find something else more interesting. Sure he washed and combed his hair every day before work, had it trimmed every so often, but that was just about his entire involvement.

Considering he had spent the majority of his childhood bald, he figured he was doing pretty well.

Hair color concerned him even less. He was vaguely aware that the sun occasionally bleached his hair, but that was the extent of it. It would never occur to him to change his hair color intentionally.

Women's hair--now that was an entirely different story. He loved women's hair. It added considerably to their beauty, and though he knew he should be more appreciative of the internal than the external, he had to admit to a certain fascination with the more readily observable qualities. Especially long hair that brushed softly against his skin...

Even so, color wasn't a major deciding factor. He did tend toward brunettes, but he definitely wouldn't discriminate against an attractive blonde on that basis alone.

Now he faced not himself, nor a woman, but his father, and he had just been asked for an opinion. "Uh, Pop?" he asked, his voice reflecting equal parts amusement, perplexity, and horror as he stalled for time before having to answer. "Tell me again why you felt it necessary to dye your hair?"

Caine shrugged. "It is an...expression...of my inner self."

Peter struggled with the concept, but he couldn't quite get his mind around it. He wanted to avoid saying anything that would hurt his father's feelings, and he had gotten used to a lot of his father's eccentricities, but in this case he was at a loss. "It's just that, um..."

How could he articulate his feelings in the most tactful manner? He sighed. "It's just that I never pictured your inner self as so...pink."

The End

[Short Scenes]
© 1995 Amparo Bertram. Previously published on KFFIC.