The Fox and the Phoenix

Part Six, Supplemental


The Seishi all smiled in relief and farewell as the shimmering grew around their visitors and then faded to reveal their success.

"Well, it looked like Hiei wasn't taking any chances on getting separated," Nuriko noted wryly. "Although, for a minute, I was beginning to wonder just which redhead he would choose. After all, our little fang boy has his own special charm."

"You seemed certain enough of his choice to give Kurama that quilt," Hotohori interjected quietly with a sideways smile at the mischievous "lady" Seishi.

"Well...let's just say that I had a feeling about those two," she retorted, returning the emperor's smile with a slightly naughty one of her own.

"What feeling?" Tasuki asked, puzzled. "And just who is 'fang boy'?"

Hotohori's smile grew as Nuriko dissolved into giggles. "Come on, Tasuki," she managed to say around her laughter, "I have a story I'd like to tell you..." Her voice faded as she led the very confused redhead toward the exit of the temple.

"Don't go too far," Hotohori called after them. "Once Mitsukake heals Tasuki we'll be ready to begin Suzaku's summoning ceremony."

"Hai, Hotohori-sama," they chorused. Nuriko paused to allow the healer to catch up to them and, gesturing for the other Seishi to precede her out the door, glanced back and added, "Then maybe Suzaku will grant my wish." With a wink and a wave she hurried to join her teammates, leaving the emperor of Konan shaking his head, a rueful smile gracing his lips.

* * *

The gate shimmered one last time around them before fading away, having deposited them both in the Makai.

"Good, we arrived at my old retreat. We'll be safe here." Kurama glanced around the wooded area that surrounded the small clearing where they both knelt. "Hiei?"

Kurama looked down at the smaller demon, who still had his arms wrapped securely around his waist. The youko was confused. Hiei *never* touched others, even the fox, unless he absolutely had to. He decided to approach the situation with a touch of humor. "You can let go now, we're safe." Kurama's amused tone of voice was not lost on the youkai, but he chose to ignore it and tightened his grip even more. "Hiei?"

The fire demon tipped his head. Entranced, Kurama found himself drowning in the brilliant ruby color of his eyes.

Expecting to be pushed away at any moment, Hiei slipped his arms around the youko's neck and firmly tugged to bring Kurama's mouth down to meet his waiting lips. The kiss was tentatively exploring and lasted only a brief moment before he reluctantly let Kurama lean back and break the tenuous contact.

Hiei felt Kurama shiver involuntarily at the unspoken promise the kiss had held for the sexy kitsune. Slowly, he trailed his hands down and then up the youko's bare arms, creating goose bumps. He continued his teasing caresses. Once. Twice. Kurama shivered again, helplessly caught in the smaller demon's intense and burning gaze.

"Are you cold? Shall I warm you again?" Hiei's husky whisper startled Kurama out of the spell under which he had fallen.

"Again?" Kurama frowned, trying to remember when Hiei had done so before. Suddenly, scenes from his dream of the previous night flashed through his mind and he made the connection. "So that was *you* in my bed last night. I thought I was dreaming."

"No, I stayed with you. Blankets weren't enough to keep you warm." Hiei put one hand on the youko's chest. "I just focused my fire and shared my heat with you." He demonstrated with the hand he had just moved, and Kurama could immediately feel a comforting warmth tingle through his chest.

"Why didn't you stay?" ...And let me wake up in your arms?

The small demon broke eye contact and looked down at his hand playing with a fold of the youko's robe. Realizing that Hiei wasn't going to answer his question, Kurama reached out and tipped up his chin. He was surprised by the vulnerability he found. Just as he was about to repeat his question, Hiei interrupted.

"I didn't think that you would want me to." And I didn't want to face Nuriko. Feeling the need for some distance, Hiei let go of the other demon and stood up. He strolled over to a tree and leaned his back against it while waiting to see how the youko would respond.

Kurama blinked at that rather cryptic comment and stood as well. He absently shrugged the make-shift pack containing the lady Seishi's gift to the ground.

"Why wouldn't I have wanted you to stay? When we first arrived I offered to share my room with you." And my bed.

Hiei just shook his head. "What about Nuriko?"

"*Nuriko*? What does she have to do with this?" Kurama was beginning to get a little frustrated. He had dreamed of having the small youkai in his arms, and that kiss...he was impatient to taste those lips again and pursue their promise, but he didn't understand this distance that Hiei was putting between them.

"You were getting close to her. I didn't want to be a substitute." Hiei felt his own temper beginning to stir, and he turned his back on the youko. How could he explain that he was afraid Kurama was just playing games? He refused to be a temporary playmate for the experienced kitsune. He bitterly thought about what that inner voice had said, What could a forbidden child ever have to offer such a sensual creature? Besides, Nuriko, with her beauty and playful nature, had been a perfect match for Kurama. It was agony that he had to spell it out.

"Substitute..." Kurama's eyes widened as he finally understood why Hiei had pulled away from him. He was amazed to realize that the youkai was actually jealous of *Nuriko*. She had been a very charming person, but his heart already belonged to a certain stubborn, and apparently *oblivious*, fire demon.

With several quick strides Kurama covered the physical distance that separated them and, putting his arms around the small youkai, began his attempt to bridge the emotional distance as well.

Kurama pulled Hiei's unresisting form against his chest and, leaning down, tucked his head into the crook of the fire demon's neck and whispered against his ear, "Haven't you realized that I've been trying to seduce you from practically the first moment you and I joined Urameshi's team?" Feeling the sudden stiffening in the youkai's body, Kurama continued. "But I know how much you value your freedom, Hiei. I never wanted to make you feel like I was trying to trap you into something you didn't want."

Hurt clouded the youko's next words, "How could you even *think* that I would choose Nuriko over you?" As if in punishment, Kurama turned his head and bit Hiei's ear none too gently. Hiei froze and hissed at the sudden attack. Gaining control over his anger and frustration, Kurama licked the bitten area, nuzzling it in apology.

Hiei's voice came out in a husky, aching whisper, "She's everything I'm not." Everything you admire.

Kurama shifted his hold on his friend, moving one arm to encircle Hiei around his chest and leaving his other arm free. Taking advantage of this new position, he started to trace the phoenix feathers that fanned out over the youkai's stomach. Hiei gritted his teeth, feeling those skilled fingers exploring his now sensitive belly. He shifted to test the hold that the youko had him in, and Kurama, correctly reading his intentions, whispered, "Don't even think about it!" He moved his fingers in maddeningly light strokes.

"Hiei, shall I tell you just what it is I see when I look at you?" Kurama paused in his exploration of Hiei's stomach to investigate the rest of the tunic, luxuriating in the heat radiating from his friend's body through the silk. The youko slowly nuzzled the back of Hiei's head and trailed his lips down the other side of his neck.

Feeling Hiei shudder slightly, he loosened his hold on the small fire demon and, putting his hands on his shoulders, turned the youkai to face him. Kurama stood patiently waiting for Hiei to meet his eyes.

"Do you want to know what I see, Hiei?"

Like a wary animal, Hiei hesitantly met the youko's gaze and relaxed when he saw the reassurance that Kurama was determined to give him.

"I see a fierce loyalty for your friends and an achingly beautiful and selfless love for a sister you refuse to disillusion. I see a burning intensity that draws me as strongly as flames draw moths to their doom." Kurama paused and studied Hiei's expression for some hint that his words were getting through. "But I know that you would never use your fire to hurt me, Hiei." Kurama's last words came out low and intense. "Do you know what I see when I look at you? I see my future."

Hiei closed his eyes and his face twisted with the force of his emotions. "For how long?"

Kurama's head jerked back in startlement. "What do you mean, 'for how long'?"

The fire demon's eyes snapped open, angered at the kitsune's stubborn refusal to face reality. "How long before you decide that your future lies with someone else!" he growled.

Relief filled Kurama as he suddenly made the connection. "Is that what you're really afraid of? That I'll just wake up one morning and say 'It's been fun. See you around!'?" Kurama's temper boiled over and, gripping the smaller demon's shoulders, he shook him. "Do you think my affection is given so casually that I could just take it away again if I got bored?"

Pausing a moment to study the expression on Hiei's face, Kurama continued, "Or is it that you don't think I could care about *you*?"

The youkai reached out, fingering some of the silver hair that fell over the kitsune's shoulder. So beautiful... Taking a deep breath, Hiei asked gruffly, "How long?"

Kurama sighed explosively at Hiei's stubborn refusal to believe and tilted his head back. He needed to make him understand that his love wasn't just a game, but what could he say that would reassure his fire demon?

Kurama suddenly smiled. Slowly, so slowly, he leaned down and brushed his lips against the youkai's, drawing back just enough to whisper, "For as long as you burn and share your fire, Hiei. For as long as you burn..."

Hiei sighed, momentarily surrendering to the feelings this beautiful kitsune was determined to make him experience. It was beyond his comprehension why Kurama had chosen him as his lover, but the youko had picked his words deliberately as a promise for their future. For as long as you burn... Hiei recognized the reassurance that Kurama had meant to convey, because only death could quench his fire.

Wanting nothing more than to get closer to Kurama, he put his arms around the kitsune's neck and tugged to close the distance between himself and those tempting lips. Hiei felt strong arms wind around his waist, an anchor in the incredible storm of emotions that assaulted his senses and threatened to overwhelm him.

Kurama drew back from the kiss, and Hiei unconsciously moaned a protest, trying to pull him back so that he could continue to explore that delicious mouth. A mouth that seems entirely too intent on talking when there are much better things that it could be doing, he thought, disgruntled. He opened his eyes, prepared to listen in the hopes that the stupid fox would say whatever it was quickly and they could get down to more...interesting things.

"Hiei, I..." Kurama seemed at a loss for words, and the youkai began to frown, wondering if perhaps he had presumed too much about their physical relationship. His new-found confidence suddenly plummeting, he loosened his hold on the youko and tried to step back.

"No! Hiei, you don't understand. I..." Another pause while Kurama stopped to gather his thoughts, and this time the fire demon waited patiently, reassured that his touch was still welcome.

"I don't want to rush things. I'm not sure that you're ready for the next step that our relationship will take." The youko's words stumbled to a halt and he looked past the smaller demon's shoulder, into the forest, in confusion.

"Baka."

Kurama was clearly surprised by the huskily whispered response, and he focused on Hiei's face. The next statement, however, threatened to send the shaken kitsune to his knees.

"Are we going back to your mother's house, or do you have some other place where we can..." Hiei paused deliberately while Kurama's arms tightened convulsively around his waist, "explore?"

Correctly reading the subtle challenge that the fire demon had included in his words, Kurama took a step back, put his hands on his hips, and glanced around the clearing. "How about right here?" came the provocative answer. "Nuriko's gift seemed to be some type of blanket, so we should be very comfortable while we..." Kurama paused, mimicking Hiei's response, "explore."

The youkai nodded, permitting his eyes to devour the sexy kitsune, who was quickly opening the bag Nuriko had packed the gift in, reveling in the knowledge that he had the right to do so much more than look.

"Hmm, it seems to be a quilt made out of silk." Kurama spread the gift out on the ground and gasped in shock. "It's...us." Hiei was also stunned as he looked down at the magnificent quilt that Nuriko had given to his friend. It was made of exquisitely fine black silk and covered with black silk thread designs that had obviously been hand-stitched onto the fabric, but the truly amazing part was the design in the center of the blanket. An embroidered silver fox with startling golden eyes sprawled out in sensuous grace and seemed to be embraced by red and orange flames dancing in a wild and beautiful circle around its form.

"Hiei, you're the flames." The fire demon could only nod in agreement as his mind raced to consider all the implications of the mischievous Seishi's gift. The only conclusion that he could reach was that Nuriko had realized how the two demons felt about each other and had provided a very unsubtle hint to ensure that they would realize it, too.

"Ah, Nuriko-sama, I like your style." Kurama knelt by the quilt and, turning to face Hiei, held out a hand in invitation. "Join me?"

Hiei stepped forward and clasped the youko's hand. Kurama tugged him down onto the quilt and, leaning close to nuzzle the youkai's neck, proceeded to explore the tunic looking for buttons. A search that quickly proved to be in vain.

"Where are the damned buttons?" Kurama growled in frustration, pulling back to glare balefully at the beautiful tunic that he had been admiring just a few minutes ago, but which was now an unnecessary and frustrating distraction.

Hiei smirked slightly. "Do you need some help?"

Kurama shifted his glare to focus on the fire demon's obviously amused face. Oh, you think you're a match for me, hmm? Well, we'll just see about that, my naive little youkai. He quickly masked his thoughts and meekly nodded his head. "It's a beautiful garment, Hiei. I don't want to risk damaging it." Like tearing it from your delicious little body!

The fire demon deliberately took his time by slowly sliding his left hand up his trim stomach, fingers splayed, exhibiting their slender grace. Hiei smiled to himself as he watched Kurama avidly following his hand's progress, and he threw in a slight moan to tease the kitsune--then promptly moaned once more involuntarily when the youko responded to the sound by parting his lips and drawing his tongue slowly over his lower lip in anticipation. The fire demon could already imagine that tongue tracing over his body, and he felt his temperature flare in reaction.

"Hiei..." Kurama murmured, begging the youkai to hurry. He was willing to concede this minor point in their mutual seduction if it helped him to avoid giving in to the almost overwhelming impulse simply to rip the garment off.

Hiei finally relented and gave in to both of their obvious desires by quickly finishing the upward sweep of his hand and fumbling for the buttons, which had been cleverly disguised by the head of the phoenix curving to rest on his right shoulder.

The garment parted to reveal the smoothly muscled chest, and Kurama sighed in relief. The youko reached out to that inviting expanse of naked skin and very lightly, imitating the caress of butterfly wings, ran his fingertips from collarbone to navel, watching as his new lover gasped at the delicate contact. He repeated the caress with his other hand while swiftly tugging Hiei's tunic down the youkai's arms. Tossing the garment to one side, Kurama urged the fire demon to lie back on the quilt.

Hiei lay on the blanket, content to let the youko lead for the moment. Besides, he was curious to see just how his experienced kitsune would try to seduce him and silently admitted that he wouldn't have to try *that* hard. He watched as his lover shrugged out of his robe, and Kurama, noticing that Hiei was watching his every move, paused to grin at him mischievously. His hair fell over his bare shoulders in wild abandon, and Hiei longed to explore its softness.

He's magnificent. What does he see in me that no other person in my life has seen? Hiei's brow furrowed in confusion as he tried to puzzle out the youko's actions. He said that he sees his future, but does he realize that I can't let him go once we've made love?

Kurama knelt by Hiei's side, his body gloriously naked, and smoothed his fingertips over his lover's frown. He could sense that the youkai's mood had grown serious and stifled his sigh of disappointment.

"What's wrong? Do you want to stop?" Please don't push me away again.

"I won't let anyone have you once you're mine, Kurama," Hiei stated, waiting to see how the kitsune would react. He knew Kurama's history, and he was well aware of the many partners who had shared it.

Hiei watched as a roguish smile creased his friend's cheeks. Kurama understood what his fire demon was thinking, and he responded in a way that he knew would banish Hiei's fear. "The same goes for you." The kitsune leaned very close to the perplexed youkai's face and whispered in a soft, dangerous voice, "If I ever catch you even looking at another person, I'll make you very sorry."

In a move that rivaled Hiei's quickness, Kurama swiftly grabbed each of his wrists and levered them over his head. Then he straddled the youkai's prone body and slowly leaned forward, allowing his hair to spill over his shoulders and fall to either side of Hiei's head. "You're *mine*, and I *don't* like to share!" Kurama growled into his lover's stunned face. He smiled secretly to himself, satisfied he had proven that he was just as possessive and more than willing to defend his claim.

Still keeping an immobilizing grip on Hiei, he slowly lowered his chest to graze the other demon's lightly and started rubbing back and forth, using the friction to torment the youkai's sensitive nipples. Then, tucking his head into Hiei's neck, he began exploring with his lips and tracing invisible patterns on the tender skin with his tongue.

Hiei's eyes began to smolder, and he tested the hold that Kurama had on his wrists. He *had* to make love to this beautiful creature, and he had to do it *now*! But first he had to get free. Since Kurama was otherwise occupied with his explorations, he didn't notice that Hiei's eyes had narrowed dangerously and that he was the object of their shrewd regard.

"Ne, Kurama..." he whispered. "I think I'm still overdressed."

Kurama languidly lifted himself up to straddle the youkai's hips again and glanced behind him. He'd almost forgotten that Hiei was still wearing his pants.

"Hmm, so you are. It does pose a problem though, doesn't it? What will you do if I let go of you? Something tells me you won't just lie there quietly while I...undress you." Hiei shivered at the way Kurama had paused over the word "undress" and doubled his resolve to torture the sexy kitsune once he was free. He kept his face carefully blank, revealing none of the devious thoughts that ran through his mind.

Kurama shifted his hold on Hiei so that both wrists were restrained by one strong hand, leaving the other free to trail down his lover's silky smooth chest. The youko rocked forward, intent on brushing his lips against the smaller demon's, when his bare length rubbed against Hiei's groin and elicited an unmistakable response. Both demons froze and their eyes met in startled arousal. Kurama slowly repeated the rocking motion. Once, then again. Each time a slight panting sigh would escape his lips and he threw his head back, closing his eyes to better enjoy the sensation.

Waiting for just such a moment, Hiei took advantage of his lover's preoccupation and heaved against his hold. In a flash he was free and standing over the very surprised and disappointed kitsune.

"*My* turn." Hiei growled.

Quickly loosening the drawstring at the waist of his pants, he allowed them to fall with a soft "whoosh" to the ground. The silken outfit had made no effort to conceal Hiei's beautifully defined form, but neither had it done him justice. Kurama caught his breath as his eyes traced over the youkai's nudity.

Just look at those muscles. The youko sighed in appreciation. He's perfection.

Smugly reveling in Kurama's obvious enjoyment of the view, he asked, "Did you think that I would let you dominate our joining?"

Kurama smirked, placed his hands behind his head, and fell back on the quilt, completely comfortable in his aroused bareness. He idly swished his tail back and forth across the flames. "Hiei, how many lovers have you had?" he casually inquired.

Hiei quirked an eyebrow. "None. Why?"

"Well, I was just assuming as the one with more...excuse me, as the one *with* experience, that *I* would naturally take the lead in our lovemaking." He rolled over to rest on his side, leaned his head against his hand, then reached out with his free hand to playfully stroke Hiei's toes.

"But I'm a forbidden child, remember?"

Kurama frowned and looked up at him in confusion. "Yes, I know."

"And while that might mean that no one has dared to enter into a relationship with me, it doesn't mean that I haven't wanted one...or thought about it." Although to be absolutely truthful, Hiei had never really considered it before meeting the youko, but the fox didn't need to know that. His ego was already big enough.

"That may be, but I don't see how that affects us." Kurama sighed silently, wishing that Hiei would hurry up and make his point so that he could get on to more important matters...like making the youkai moan in erotic abandon.

"Don't you?" Hiei paused in his explanation and, kneeling down, pushed the youko onto his back. He snuggled up against his side and seductively slid one leg up Kurama's to lie gently covering his lap, trapping his hardened length between them. Then, leaning up on one elbow, he brushed the kitsune's hair off his face and stared down into the luminous, golden eyes.

"It means," he growled, "that I've had a lot of time to think about what I'd do with a lover, and Kurama...?" He paused to shift his leg slightly over the youko's lap, brushing against his arousal and evoking a rush of sensation in the enthralled kitsune. "I have a *very* vivid imagination."

Kurama gulped convulsively, amazed at the feelings this innocent youkai was eliciting. "I'm really your first lover?" Hiei nodded his confirmation. Kurama wrapped his arms around the fire demon and tugged so that he was lying completely on top of him.

"And your last," Kurama whispered, pulling Hiei down for a ravenous kiss that continued until their exhausted lungs protested.

Gasping, they broke apart and panted for breath, Kurama's expression clearly showing his awe. He shook his head in consternation and smiled to lighten the mood. "And here I thought I would have to teach you everything."

Hiei snorted. "You're welcome to try."

Kurama lightly stroked his lover's back and gazed deeply into Hiei's crimson eyes. "Why don't we just concentrate on each other and enjoy the pleasure that we give."

Hiei smiled wickedly and his eyes resumed burning. "Hai, Kitsune-san," he growled and, rearing out of Kurama's loose hold, scooted backward until he was straddling the youko's knees. The altered position allowed him easier access to that sexy chest, which Hiei had longed to explore ever since he had observed his friend bathing in Suzaku's sacred pool. "Close your eyes, Kurama," he ordered and paused while he waited for the kitsune to obey. "I want you to concentrate on every place that I kiss you. I want to hear your moans as you anticipate where I'll touch next and then beg for more. You'll want my caresses to last longer, my strokes to be harder." Hiei's eyes sparkled evilly as a whimper escaped his lover's pale, graceful throat. He leaned down and lathed one nipple with his tongue while he tormented the other with a light pinch. Kurama arched his back, enjoying the opposing sensations.

Lifting his head, Hiei glanced up at the youko and noticed that he had grabbed handfuls of the quilt in an attempt to maintain some of his self-control. Allowing a low laugh to escape, Hiei continued his uncharacteristic, but truly inspired verbal barrage against Kurama's restraint. "You'll want my kisses hotter, wetter, but you won't be able to find the words to tell me. I'm going to make you forget everything except one word." The fire demon paused again to shift up and flick his tongue over Kurama's open, panting lips and savagely whispered, "A word you'll shout over and over again...my name!"

Hiei's mouth swooped in to claim Kurama's, darting his tongue inside to explore its moist warmth and stroke roughly against the kitsune's tongue. The kiss was carnal and very explicit as each demon battled for control. Unwittingly, Hiei gained the advantage when he threaded his hands into Kurama's hair and accidentally stroked his fingers against the youko's furry ears. The kitsune tore his mouth away, arching his neck at the extremely arousing stimulation.

Hiei blinked in surprise, but quickly recovered and continued to touch this rather unexpected erogenous zone. "Like that, do you?" He glanced into Kurama's passion-filled face, eyes tightly clenched as he concentrated on the almost ticklish pleasure of Hiei's fingers. The youkai smirked in satisfaction and slowly slipped his fingers from his lover's hair, enjoying the moan of disappointment Kurama was unable to suppress. "Don't worry, fox, I have much more planned for you."

The fire demon licked and sucked at the youko's sensitive nipples as his hands smoothed their way over Kurama's tautly muscled shoulders and arms, luxuriating in the latent strength and power. Then he replaced his mouth with his hands, freeing his tongue to lick and stroke downward over the kitsune's lean stomach. He rubbed his cheek against the youko's belly, enjoying the quick rise and fall as Kurama panted for breath. Lifting his head, Hiei shifted down past Kurama's hips and used his hands to urge the youko to part his legs. Moving between them, the youkai teasingly stroked his right hip, feathering his fingertips down the outside of his leg until he reached the knee and then gradually trailing his fingers upward until they were just short of touching where Kurama was most desperate to have Hiei's caress. He repeated the process on the other side, and he could feel the youko holding his breath, waiting to see if *this* time Hiei would touch his throbbing length.

"What do you want, Kurama?" Hiei asked huskily. He bent over Kurama's aroused penis and pursed his lips, blowing air tormentingly across the tip where a few drops of the youko's seed glistened, increasing its sensitivity to almost painful intensity. Kurama gasped in shock at the unexpected sensation and, tossing his head from side to side, weakly begged, "Hiei..."

Finally Hiei relented and gave in to his lover's unspoken need. He enveloped the tip of the youko's member in his hot, wet mouth, grasping the base with one hand and swirling his tongue against the slit, while he gently fondled Kurama's tightened scrotum with the fingertips of the other. He barely heard the kitsune's hoarse shout of passion as he concentrated on overwhelming his lover with pleasure.

Wanting to experiment some more, Hiei allowed Kurama's rigid length to slip from his mouth and moved his hands to follow the curve of his lover's hips until he was cupping the youko's buttocks. He began to roughly knead them, wringing an ardent groan from Kurama, and turned his attention to nibbling and licking along the kitsune's penis, occasionally allowing his fangs to graze the engorged organ a little harder.

Kurama's whole being was intent on one thing, release from the delicious tension that his fire demon had determinedly built, and his mind and tongue could only form one word, which he shouted over and over, "Hiei...!"

Just a little longer, my fox. Hiei knew that his lover was very close to orgasm, and he enjoyed the involuntary rocking of Kurama's hips as he tried to thrust more of himself into the youkai's mouth. Finally taking pity on him, Hiei enveloped Kurama's burning length, sucking deeply, and moved his head in counterpoint to the youko's desperate thrusts. All at once the kitsune arched his body and screamed in fulfillment. Hiei kept his mouth on Kurama as his hips moved in helpless little jerks, carefully swallowing his lover's seed, and waited until the youko fell back limply onto the blanket.

Then, crawling up the kitsune's body, Hiei snuggled next to him and waited for him to catch his breath. Kurama turned onto his side, buried his face in Hiei's neck, and closed his arms tightly around that precious body. He struggled to comprehend the mind-blowing release that Hiei had given him and chuckled ruefully, then murmured in a choked whisper, "Remind me never to challenge you unless I'm absolutely sure I'll win!"

Kurama concentrated on controlling his ragged breathing as he thought about the amazing sexual encounter that he had just had. With a virgin, no less! He snorted quietly to himself and tightened his arms around his lover, enjoying this peaceful cuddling almost as much as what had preceded it. Never thought that passion would make him so talkative, though! Kurama marveled at how voluble the fire demon had actually been since their return to the Makai. Ordinarily he could hardly get more than two words out of the close-mouthed demon. Tonight had been anything but ordinary, however, and he smiled in satisfaction at the trust that Hiei had displayed by revealing his feelings to him.

Shifting slightly to ease a cramped muscle, Kurama felt something rather unmistakable press against his thigh and he marveled at the patience Hiei was exhibiting by not saying a word. Wryly noting that *he* wouldn't have been able to maintain such discipline, Kurama seductively ran his hands over the satin-soft skin of the youkai's back and began planning his assault on the smaller demon's control.

After a moment or two of absently stroking up and down, his attention focused on his thoughts, Kurama realized that his actions were making Hiei tremble involuntarily, and he raised an eyebrow as he made the connection. Everyone had one or two places on his body which, when touched, made him feel as if he had been plugged into an electrical socket. Hiei had already managed to find one of the youko's more responsive areas, his ears. I wonder when he'll discover how sensitive my... Kurama determinedly brushed away that tantalizing thought and drew his attention back to the matter at hand. Hmm, I wonder what would happen if...

The kitsune shifted his hold on the smaller demon and rolled him so that the now quiescent youkai was facing away from him. Then, leaning forward, Kurama began to tease the back of his neck with soft, wet kisses. The youko felt Hiei hiss at the erotic contact, and he proceeded to explore leisurely, moving on to the fire demon's well-muscled shoulders. Each kiss was given considerable attention. Kurama would first brush the chosen area very lightly with his lips and then dart his tongue out to lick delicately; he ended his ministrations by pressing his open mouth against the spot, swirling his tongue, and sucking gently as he pulled away. He continued to investigate the youkai's back with his mouth, eventually reaching an extremely sensitive area where the fire demon's back blended into the soft rise of his buttocks. Yet, when his teasing only stimulated more of the arousing trembling, the mischievous kitsune put his arms around Hiei so that he could stroke his chest using only the lightest of touches. He wouldn't be content until he made his fire demon cry out in passionate surrender.

Kurama grew bolder in his quest to ravish Hiei and sought out his lover's nipples, playing with them, squeezing, hoping to elicit a more vocal response from the youkai. When only a slight sigh escaped his lips, Kurama changed tactics and raked the nails of one hand down his chest in a diagonal pattern, from his right shoulder to his left hip. The action wasn't meant to be gentle, yet not hard enough to break the skin, and the resulting pleasure/pain wrung a sharp moan as Hiei arched away from that tormenting hand and back against Kurama's body. The abrupt movement of the fire demon's buttocks against the youko's groin caused Kurama to gasp and he could feel his satiated flesh stirring, growing heavier with returning passion. Ah, what you do to me, Hiei...

Abruptly Kurama rose to his knees and pulled Hiei up to straddle him, still facing away from him. Then he placed one arm around the youkai's shoulders, urging him to lean back against his chest, and wound his other arm around his waist, resting his hand on Hiei's inner thigh. The fire demon inhaled sharply at this new, vulnerable position that left him completely at the youko's mercy. "Kurama..." Hiei entreated, desperate for something more.

"Yes, love. I'll give you what you need," the kitsune promised. He nuzzled the top of Hiei's hair and was surprised to discover that it was actually extremely soft, if somewhat bristly, and it smelled wonderful. The scent reminded him of evergreen trees mixed with Hiei's unique and slightly musky essence. Deeply inhaling one more time, Kurama began the next phase of his plan and, using the hand which grasped the youkai's shoulders, began delicately stroking the tender skin of Hiei's neck and tracing the sexy curve of his collarbone. He could feel his fire demon's response in the telltale shivers chasing across his skin, and he smiled sensually as he slowly began to trail his other hand between Hiei's parted thighs, occasionally allowing his fingertips to graze the youkai's sex teasingly. Hiei moaned abruptly and tossed his head back to rest against Kurama's shoulder, baring his neck for the youko's eager mouth and tongue.

The smaller demon was becoming increasingly frantic for release, and he was beginning to think that the kitsune would be content to continue torturing him all night. He lifted his hands to his lap, intending to bring about his own completion, but Kurama noticed the furtive movement and growled a warning in Hiei's ear, "You'll just make it worse for yourself, love."

He paused to nibble on the youkai's ear and listen to his lover's frustrated groan as Hiei allowed his hands to fall back limply onto the quilt. "Did you really think that I would allow you to deny me the pleasure of your climax?" Kurama chuckled evilly and parted his thighs, which caused Hiei's to open even more, baring him further to the youko's tormentingly light stroking. The shift in position also drew the fire demon's attention to the burning arousal that pressed against his rear. Suddenly he knew what Kurama intended to do, and he quivered in desire, anticipating the intimate coupling. Kurama, however, was quite content to draw out his casual worship of Hiei's body. He had dreamed about seducing Hiei like this for so long, and he was determined to make it last. And I haven't made you scream yet, Hiei...but I will, he silently promised.

The kitsune resumed his loveplay by delicately caressing the silky-soft skin of Hiei's balls, then tracing one fingertip casually down the youkai's penis from base to tip. He lingered at the tip of the hardened length and explored the smooth round head where drops of semen collected. The small youkai hissed at the agonizing pleasure that Kurama created so easily. Gathering the moisture with his fingertips, Kurama reached farther between the youkai's slender thighs, found the puckered ring of muscle marking Hiei's opening, and began massaging the liquid in and around the area. He wanted to avoid as much discomfort as possible and the kitsune knew that some type of lubricant would help ease his way into Hiei's virgin passage. Hiei moaned in response to the intimate caress and shifted his hips restlessly, silently urging Kurama to hurry.

After carefully preparing the fire demon with his fingers, the youko replaced them with his throbbing penis and wrapped his hand firmly around Hiei's erection, hoping to distract him from any unavoidable pain that he might feel. Slowly, so slowly, Kurama pushed into his lover, gasping at the incredible heat and pressure. He could feel the smaller demon tense in distress, however, and, desperate to have Hiei share in the overwhelming pleasure that he was feeling, the kitsune began to pump his hand steadily over the youkai's rigid length. The distraction worked, and soon Kurama had pressed himself all the way into his lover. Giving Hiei time to get used to the feeling, Kurama continued to stroke the fire demon's member and used his other hand to brush tantalizingly against his nipples. He waited for Hiei to give him some indication that he was ready to continue their lovemaking, and sighed in relief when the youkai's hips started to thrust gently, rubbing himself against Kurama's enveloping hold.

And still he waited. He wouldn't be content until Hiei cried out his need for more. Kurama took his hand away from the youkai's erection and moved both hands to the tops of the smaller demon's thighs, sliding them up and inward until he was gently cradling Hiei's scrotum and feathering his thumbs over the tightened flesh.

"Kurama..." Hiei murmured hoarsely as he squirmed in the youko's strong embrace. He couldn't stand much more of this or he'd go insane. He needed to feel Kurama's hard flesh moving within him, needed the connection it gave him to the beautiful fox. But what could he do, what words could he possibly say that would make the youko end this anguish and give them what they both wanted, needed? Suddenly, the words came to him, and he welcomed the terrifying freedom that saying them aloud would give him. He tugged on Kurama's wrists and, taking one hand in each of his own, crossed the youko's arms over his chest in a hug as he leaned back against his chest and whispered, "I love you."

Kurama froze as his mind registered the soft words that Hiei had just spoken. He had been waiting for some expression of surrender from Hiei, some sound declaring his submission to their mutual passion. He hadn't expected such a precious gift of trust. He hadn't asked for heaven. The words continued to echo in his head, and he tightened his arms around his precious fire demon, causing the air to rush out of Hiei's lungs in a startled 'whoosh.' All at once it was impossible to deny them the release they needed.

Kurama lowered them both until they were resting on their sides and then slid his hands out of the youkai's grasp to begin stroking Hiei's penis, harder, faster. Burying his head in the smaller demon's neck, he pumped his own hips in counterpoint to the movements of his hands until they were both panting, desperate to reach their climax.

Each frantic thrust was accompanied by Kurama's husky, "I love you!" until finally they came together, Hiei crying out in satisfaction. It was one of the sweetest sounds that Kurama had ever heard. Exhausted, he slipped free of the smaller demon and snuggled him up against his side as he wrapped his arms around him. After a few minutes of simply lying together, trying to catch their breath, they began to feel the cool breeze that whispered across the clearing as the night closed around them.

"The temperature's dropping," Kurama noted, shivering slightly. He pulled the quilt around them and sighed as Hiei slid one leg up to settle across him, seeking to get closer.

"Forgot you were with a fire demon, didn't you?" Hiei asked, amusement filling his voice. Kurama turned to look into the youkai's crimson eyes and raised an eyebrow in puzzlement. "It's not exactly something that slips one's mind," he returned wryly.

"Then you didn't forget I promised to share my fire with you?" Hiei slid one arm over the kitsune's chest and raised his ki to generate enough heat to warm the chilled youko. Kurama closed his eyes as he luxuriated in the heat that was radiating from the little youkai.

"Well, that solves that problem," he murmured sleepily, then elaborated when Hiei made a questioning noise, "I wanted to spend the night with you and wake up in your arms."

"What was stopping you?"

"I thought it would be too cold to spend the night here, and I didn't relish the idea of giving my mother a shock when she came to wake me up and found me in my demon lover's arms." Kurama chuckled at the mental picture his words had conjured. When that last statement failed to get a response from Hiei, he nudged him slightly and was rewarded with a drowsy, "Mmm."

Smiling once more, Kurama stroked his hand gently up and down the youkai's back, marveling that he had won the love of such a fiercely independent warrior. "Never mind," he murmured. But someday I *will* introduce you to my mother, and she'll see how very proud I am to call you mine. Kurama sighed at that last thought and closed his eyes, quickly falling asleep.

Finally convinced by the youko's deep, relaxed breathing that he was truly sleeping, Hiei leaned up on one elbow and simply stared down at the kitsune's face, his ruby eyes reflecting the love that burned inside. Reaching out a hand, he ran his fingers through the silver hair spilling over Kurama's pale shoulder. So beautiful...

Hiei lowered his head to rest on the kitsune's chest, satisfied to fall asleep to the sounds of Kurama's soft breathing. Good night, my fox.

The End

[previous main part]
[previous yaoi part]
[fanfic]
[Fox and Phoenix page]

© 1997 Jenn