Pink na Koneko
Page 52

Shunkan, Kouhei ni de wa naku, tabun beddo ni tatakitsukeyou to furiageta kobushi o, daga, Sena wa tochuu de yameta.
At that moment, Sena raised his fist--probably to strike at the bed, not at Kouhei--but he stopped partway.

Noronoro to ude o orosu to, sono mama Kouhei no karada kara doite shagamikomu
He lowered his arm gently, then got off Kouhei's body and squatted down.

"Kussoo!"
"Shit!"

Ikari no yukiba o makura ni motomete, bosubosu to kobushi o butsukete iru.
Needing a place to let out his anger, he pounded a pillow with his fist.

(Are..., moshikashite, ore no torauma o oboeteta no ka na?)
(Hey... I wonder if he remembered my trauma.)

Bouryoku kyoufushou no Kouhei no tame ni kobushi o osameta no nara, kao wa kowai kedo, chotto wa yasashii toko mo aru no ka mo shirenai to, Kouhei mo ho'tto ki o yurumu.
If he controlled his fist for the sake of Kouhei, who had a violence phobia, then despite his scary face, he might have nice qualities--a notion that made Kouhei relax.

"Eeto, ja..., ore ga ketta no ga, mazukatta wake?"
"Well, then...what you mean is, it's my kick that's responsible?"

"Hoka ni nanka riyuu a'kka?
"Could there be any other reason?

Sukunakutomo, ano shunkan made wa binbin datta n'da zo."
At least, it was functioning perfectly up to that time."

"O-isha-san to ka, itta?"
"Have you gone to a doctor or something?"

"Omae..., ore ga ikutsu ka shitteru ka?"
"Do you...know how old I am?"

  1. Note that Sena has returned to using omae instead of temee, which shows that his anger has cooled off.
"Ikutsu'tte, koukou san-nen ni natta bakari dakara..., 17?"
"How old? You just became a third year high school student, so...seventeen?"

"Sou da. Yaritai sakari no seishounen da.
"That's right. I'm a young man in my prime.

Sore ga hinyoukika itte, jitsu wa impo desu nante ie'kka yo?"
Do you really think I could go to a urologist and say, 'The truth is, I'm impotent'?"

"Sore wa..."
"Well, that's..."

To, Kouheu wa, Sena no ashi no saki kara atama no teppen made nagame yaru.
Kouhei looked Sena up and down, from the top of his head to his feet.

  1. One interesting side note: although in English it's more natural to say "look him up and down" or "from head to toe," in Japanese the description starts down at the feet and goes up to the head.