Pink na Koneko
Page 44

(Ni...nigenai to yabai ka mo...
(If...if I don't run away, I could be in trouble...

Nanka kore wa, itchatterassharu Arisugawa-sama ni tsukamaru yori, suubai yabai joukyou ka mo...)
This could be several times more dangerous than getting trapped by the looney Arisugawa-sama...)

  1. itchatte iru = "out of one's mind" or "crazy"--here Kouhei mentally replaces iru with the honorific irassharu to complement the honorific suffix -sama as his way of being sarcastic
Demo, naze ka ashi ga ugokanai.
Yet, for some reason his legs didn't move.

Kowai mono mitasa? Sore tomo zaiakukan?
From the desire to see something scary? Or perhaps from guilt?

Tabun, kono attouteki na hakuryoku no sei da.
It was probably the fault of this imposing intensity.

Kashi mo roku ni kikitorenai kasuregoe wa, maru de kemono no unari no you.
The husky voice, which made it difficult to make out the lyrics, was just like the growl of a wild animal.

Chi o hau you na hikui koe ga, girigiri hikishibotta takane ni shauto suru sono shunkan, zokuri to zenshin o tsuranuku e mo iwarenu shibire!
When that low voice shouted out for an instant at the extreme upper reach of his range, it sent an indescribable thrill piercing through Kouhei's entire body!

  1. chi o hau you na = this is the metaphor "like crawling on the ground" to describe exactly how low the voice is
(Sugoi...!)
(Amazing...!)

Nakaniwa no seito-tachi no shisen o isshin ni uke-nagara, demo, Sena to iu otoko no kyoumi wa doko ni mo muite inai no ka, sono kao wa chitto mo tanoshisou ja nai.
Though he was on the receiving end of the gazes of the students in the courtyard, perhaps Sena's attention wasn't aimed toward anything, but he didn't look as if he were enjoying that.

Tabun, chuumoku sareru no ga mokuteki de wa nai no darou.
He probably wasn't doing it to be the object of their attention.

Mite morawanakute mo ii.
He didn't care if no one watched.

Kiite morawanakute mo ii.
He didn't care if no one listened.

Wakatte morawanakute mo ii.
He didn't care if no one understood.

Sakebitai-dake. Hassan shitai-dake.
He just wanted to yell. He just wanted to let it out.

Uchigawa ni tamatta netsu ga jama-kusakute shou ga nai kara, tonikaku houshutsu shitai-dake da to, sono butchouzura ga itte iru.
His stern face conveyed that the heat that had built up inside him was driving him crazy, so he just wanted to expell it.