Pink na Koneko
Page 39

Totan ni, tate kamban no mae de te o futte ita buin-tachi ga, kuchiguchi ni uruwashi no geimei o sakenda.
At that moment, the club members who had been waving from in front of their sign yelled out their attractive stage names.

"Kashima Sakurako."
"Kashima Sakurako."

"Himeno Rurika deesu."
"I'm Himeno Rurika."

"Vivian Asakura."
"Vivian Asakura."

Gurari. Kouhei wa, yoisho to fumbatta.
<wilt> Kouhei firmly stood his ground.

Koko de taorete wa, buriburi sono ki no Sakurako-sama ya Rurika-sama, sara ni wa kami made patsukin ni somete itchatterassharu Vivian-jou ni haji o kakaseru koto ni naru to, otoko no konjou de motte gui to koraeta.
If he collapsed, that would mean humiliating the enthusiastic Lady Sakurako and Lady Ririka, not to mention Madam Vivian, who had even dyed her hair blonde, so with his manly inner strength he restrained himself.

  1. patsukin = reversal of kinpatsu (blonde)
    Japanese often reverses the syllables of a word to make a slang version. A commonly encountered one in boys' love is moho (the opposite of "homo")
"Soko de kimi no namae daga, Kuzumi wa tomokaku Kouhei to wa nanto mo bonyou.
"Now, about your name--leaving Kuzumi aside, Kouhei is just too plain.

Koko wa yahari, Ichijou Hikaru to ka Saionji Haruka to ka..."
You should really have something like Ichijou Hikaru or Saionji Haruka..."

  1. ichijou = although used here as a name, the suffix -jou is used for counting rays of light, where hikaru means "to shine"; the name is literally "One Ray of Light" or "One Shining Ray"
Iiraan!
//I don't need it!//

Daaare ga, sonna chinmyou na na de yobaretai mon ka.
//Nobody would want to be called by such bizarre names.//

"Ke...kekkou desu. Ore wa Kuzumi Kouhei de manzoku desu!"
"No...no thank you. I'm satisfied being Kuzumi Kouhei!"

"Maa, sou iwazu ni. Jikoshoukai ga okureta ga, watashi wa engekibu buchou, Arisugawa Rei.
"Oh, don't say that. I'm late in introducing myself, but I'm the president of the drama club, Arisugawa Rei.

Hikari kagayaku sama, sunda koe ga hibikiwataru sama no, reirou no rei da."
That's 'Rei' as in the sparkling light and the clear voice that travels."

  1. rei = the sound of jewels (presumably that's the "sparkling" and so on that Rei is talking about)
Arisugawa...Rei...