6. Ka as an exclamation

(Source: Genjuu Bunsho #3)

...Mattaku. Hoka no renchuu ga Hakase to machigaeta to iu kara, donna ka to omotta ga, ammari nitenai ja nai ka.

...For Pete's sake. I heard that the others mistook you for the doctor, so I wondered what kind of person you were, but you don't look like him at all, do you.

See "5. b. To"

See "7. Ka with the '5 W's'"

See "18. e. Iru"


7. Ka with the "5 W's"

(Source: Wish #4)

Kohaku wa tsui saikin chijou ni orita daro. Donna yousu datta ka, kikou to omotte.

You went down to Earth recently, right, Kohaku? I thought I'd ask you what kind of situation it was.

See "5. b. To"


8. Ka expressing possibility

(Source: Double Call #1)

Sore o topparau ni wa jikan ga kakaru ka mo shirenee kedo.

It may take some time to get rid of that, however.

See "12. a. Ai/oi — ee"


9. Possibility and impossibility

(Source: Tokyo Crazy Paradise #10)

Ichido-me wa shougeki. Nido-me wa memai. Kaihi dekita hazu no kisu o, battou suru jibun no koe de, ware ni kaetta.

The first time was a shock. The second time made me dizzy. From the kiss that I ought to have been able to avoid, the scolding voice of my own reason returned me to my senses.


'kke instead of ka

(Source: Inuyasha #1)

Mmaa, Shikon no Tama konna ni shichatte.
--Ano Sakasagami no Yura...'tte itta'kke... Nanimono datta n'daro... Yappari Tama o neratte...

Goodness, look at what (unfortunately) happened to the Four Spirit Gem. --That "Sakasagami Yura"...was that what she said...? I wonder what she was... I'll bet she's trying to get the Gem.

See "15. Helper verbs: shimau"

See "5. a. 'tte"

See "12. e. No contraction"