Four Dragon Island
Volume Twenty-seven
The Dragon Flies on a Balmy Breeze

Summary by Amparo Bertram




Everyone is worried that Fei is working too hard. He is pushing himself to the limit to straighten out all the problems in Heilong by spring. There are also rumors flying that it seems he's in love...but none of those gossiping can figure out who the lucky girl might be. The Black Dragon will be hosting the spring festival, with Fei acting as the Dragonstone to lead the special dragon dance. After the festival, on the last day of the month, Fei will officially be named the Black Dragon's heir.

Max is growing more and more impatient waiting for Fei. Though his best friend tries to persuade him to consider that it might take longer than expected to set Heilong straight, the White Dragon is in no mood to listen. He has already sent his wife back to Qianglong to govern the city in the place of her now childlike brother, and soon they will finish the paperwork for a divorce. He tells the Howaluu to be ready to invade the Black Dragon's estate and steal Fei back if he doesn't return by the end of the month.

The day of the festival arrives, and Fei's heart goes wild at seeing Max again. Though the Howaluu at the ceremony tell him to hurry up and come home, the White Dragon's message is simply, "I'm attacking Heilong on the last day of the month."

After the festival, Fei walks around Heilong, wondering if he has done enough to fulfill his duty. He visits the place his parents died and hears a voice in his heart saying he's done well. He realizes it's time for him to go where he belongs. He confronts the Black Dragon, holding a knife to his own throat and announcing he'll travel to Bailong no matter what--even if it's in the form of a ghost. The Black Dragon releases him, accepting Fei's cousin Liing as his heir instead.

Fei rushes back to Bailong just before the deadline, meeting the White Dragon under his mother's flowering trees. Max makes him swear over and over that he'll never leave again. Pressing Fei up against the trunk of a tree, Max expresses his frustration that their clothes and skin keep them apart. He invites Fei to move into the White Dragon's mansion, where he promises to keep the Howaluu so busy he won't even have time to sleep...

And they all live happily ever after.

[Previous] [Next] [Back to Silongtou]