Four Dragon Island
Volume Twenty-four
The Dragon Takes Command

Summary by Amparo Bertram




Deducing that the Woo family will invade, Max puts Fei's sailor friends in charge of defending the harbor. The Howaluu forces are divided between keeping the city safe and watching the Heilong border. Max is rather proud that he's been able to control himself and not go rushing out to steal Fei back.

By the time Fei reaches the Heitanyui lair, most have gone to support their leader. The ones remaining are those harboring doubts about the wisdom of attacking Bailong. Liing persuades them to follow Fei as the Black Dragon's heir. Fei is upset at the trick, because it will be much more difficult to rejoin the White Dragon and live in Bailong the way he desires if he's expected to rule Heilong.

Fei knows that even with the Heitanyui his forces are still inferior to Fongien's, not to mention his father's. He wants to sneak into the Black Dragon's mansion and try to persuade Yuelyan to abandon the attack. The Black Dragon is opposed to the plan, but Tsaoran supports it and offers to go along as a guide.

Yuelyan is amazed that his son is still alive. However, he refuses to call off his attack, daring Fei to stop it. He reveals that he has made a deal with the Red Dragon, who has a grudge against Max and Fei for pointing out that she's trapped within the walls of her estate. The two Dragons will attack Bailong simultaneously. Fei leaves, saddened that he isn't the right person to dispel his father's anger and bitterness.

[Previous] [Next] [Back to Silongtou]