Four Dragon Island
Volume Twenty-three
The Dragon Wants Dawn

Summary by Amparo Bertram




Tsaoran discovers that his father has agreed to cause confusion on the island to give the Woo family an excuse to invade and get rid of all the Dragons. When he objects, Fongien has him locked up. He manages to have his old nursemaid take a message to the Black Dragon, and her arrival saves Fei from his predicament. He offers to rescue Tsaoran in exchange for the Black Dragon's cooperation.

The Howaluu are lying low after the rioting that--they believe--resulted in their leader's death. Knowing that he must restore the city to order so Fei will return to him, Max confronts the Howaluu and allows them to vent their anger against him in single combat. After defeating all challengers, he promises that if they support him, they'll get their leader back.

Fei succeeds in rescuing Tsaoran and brings him to the Black Dragon. Tsaoran tells them about his father's plan. Fei knows that if his rebellion against Yuelyan is to succeed, he needs people to fight with him. He intends to approach the Heitanyui with Liing and Mao in the hope of persuading those who still have loyalty to the current Black Dragon and to the good of Heilong to join him. However, the Black Dragon knows the people won't rally in his name because of his reputation. He secretly tells Liing to reveal Fei's true identity and introduce him as the Black Dragon's rightful heir.

The assassin Tienlang survived his fall into the ocean, just as Lingchuan did. He went to the mainland and convinced the Woo family head to hire him. His first task was to kidnap the Blue Dragon. The Woo head convinces the Blue Dragon that obedience will get his sister back and bring the downfall of the White Dragon. He has the Blue Dragon write a petition asking for help, justifying interference in the island's affairs.

[Previous] [Next] [Back to Silongtou]