Four Dragon Island
Volume Twenty-one
The Dragon Wanders

Summary by Amparo Bertram




Mao and Liing proclaim Fei dead and take the "body" to Qianglong. Yuelyan and the Heitanyui leader retreat to Heilong. Fei recovers from his wound with the help of the Kaorouche, but he believes Max died and feels he has no reason to live. The White Dragon is taken to his wife and heir, where his physical injury is cared for, but his spirit is gone. He clutches the jade earring so tightly it cuts his hand, and he does nothing but stare out the window most of the time. When he speaks, it is only to ask "What happened to the Howaluu?" over and over.

Fei is revitalized the moment he learns Max survived. He takes Mao and Liing with him to Zhulong to dig up the truth about his parentage from the Red Dragon. He is told that his mother turned down Yuelyan because he wanted her at the price of the island's peace, while the Great Dragon wanted her to preserve harmony. She was the one who stipulated that she would have no children by her husband. She was already pregnant with Fei when she got married.

Everyone in Heilong rejoices that the hero Yuelyan has returned, including his younger brother, who has waited for nearly twenty years to see him again. The Black Dragon agrees to turn over the title in a month and immediately leaves the city to live in seclusion. His one regret is being forced to leave behind his aide Tsaoran, the son of one of his brother's supporters named Fongien, with whom he shares a deep relationship. The homecoming is marred only by Yuelyan's persistent cough.

Liing knows that Yuelyan is no longer in his right mind and that Fei is the only one who can stop him from ruining Heilong. Fei agrees to help restore order, knowing that anything affecting one city affects all four, and he wants to be able to return to a peaceful Bailong. However, he insists on one errand first. With the assistance of Liing and Mao, he sneaks into the bedroom of the White Dragon.

[Previous] [Next] [Back to Silongtou]