Four Dragon Island
Volume Sixteen
The Dragon Is in Disarray

Summary by Amparo Bertram




Fei takes his friend Liing to meet his Howaluu lieutenants, and they stay up late having a drinking party. On the way home, Fei muses that he's trying use the warm companionship of the Howaluu to fill up the empty place in his heart created when he said farewell to the White Dragon. He asks his friend drowsily, "Have you ever been in love?"

Inspired by Fei's courage in confronting the Heitanyui to rescue the White Dragon's steward, the young head of a large estate in Heilong decides he can do no less. He leaves his home and goes to serve the Black Dragon. The Dragon is reluctant at first, but eventually accepts after asking the boy a riddle. The riddle implies that the Dragon's older brother is still alive, and most people would rather have him as the ruler instead.

As a last resort to get Fei to come to him again, Max takes Fei's father hostage. Fei runs to the mansion and duels the White Dragon. Just as he resolves to let Max stab him and end it all, his lieutenants come rushing in and distract him. His hand slips, cutting Max's arm. In shock at having hurt Max, he lets the others take him home.

Fei knows that as long as there is any contact between him and the White Dragon, he will continue to make mistakes. He can't bear to drag the rest of the Howaluu along with him. Realizing he is losing the one place he thought he could belong, he tells his lieutenants that he wants to resign as their leader. Before they can press him for more information, they're called away to settle a brawl.

Exhausting his patience, Max pays his wife a visit. She has been having trouble sleeping due to constant visions of her brother wanting to play (with the implication that the twins have a telepathic bond). She begs Max to give her the bottle of sleeping medicine that was put out of her reach. He agrees to let her have a dose, in exchange for getting what he wants...the rest of the bottle. He takes it and uses a kiss to force Fei to drink it. He carries the unconscious Howaluu to a ship headed for the mainland.

[Previous] [Next] [Back to Silongtou]