[Lee is lying on the grass outside her house, resting after the magic healing spell. Woll comes out and moves to brush her hair from her face.]

Lee: You shouldn't touch me.

Woll: Will I get burned?

Lee: Probably. (Woll ignores the warning.) You really have no qualms about touching me.

Woll: I've told you before, I'm not so shameless that I'd be afraid of someone who's saved my life. Not only am I not scared, I'm extremely grateful to you for saving Even's arm and eye, for his sake and Sharmian's.

Lee: Woll.

Woll: What?

Lee: If that had been a battlefield injury, I would have left it alone. I'm fucking exhausted.

Woll: You look it.

Lee: So...

Woll: Hmm?

Lee: Don't you go getting injured, all right?

Woll: (smiles and strokes her shoulder) Even said your kiss was like swallowing a lump of fire. Why is that?

Lee: That was a kind of protective ward against harm. What I did with you was just an ordinary kiss. I tried to give Shera a "recovery from strain" kiss earlier, but he ran away.

Woll: There are that many kinds of kisses?

Lee: At least for me there are. I have a lethal one, too.

Woll: (grins, leans over, and kisses her)

Lee: Hey! What are you doing taking advantage of me while I can't move?!

Woll: I wondered what it felt like to swallow fire...but that was no different from before.

Lee: I can't do it every single time when I'm tired!

Woll: It takes power? That's an unusual kind of kiss. I'd like to avoid the lethal one, but I'd love it if you would give me the "protection" kiss sometime soon. I am, after all, your husband. I have the right to at least that much, don't I?

Lee: Honestly... If Earl Fernan were alive, I'd ask him how you raise a kid to have him turn out so strange.