Woll: It'll be war soon, and when that time comes...

Lee: Hmm?

Woll: I figure it would boost the troops' morale if I had a queen at my side.

Lee: Is that kind of thing the queen's job?

Woll: Well, not an average queen, I'm sure. Lee, keeping me hanging without an answer is causing me a lot of trouble. It's hard for my subjects, too. I'd like you to be straight with me.

Lee: Now look, Your Majesty. What do you want me to be straight about?

Woll: Don't be coy. You know what.

Lee: How can I know?

Woll: (blinks in confusion) Lee?

Lee: I'm the one who wants you to make things clear. You haven't asked me yet.

Woll: I haven't asked you?

Lee: Right.

Woll: Damn. So the reason you've been stewing over your answer...

Lee: Why should I have to answer a question you never asked?

Woll: All right. So, please stand up, I'm going to propose. I'm supposed to do this on my knees.

Lee: (bursts out laughing) Hearing you say it makes even a proposal sound like a joke. I know you're serious, though. You tend to say startling things with such a straight face that someone not used to it wouldn't know what to think. But I understand well enough that you mean exactly what you say.

Woll: That's why I want you as my queen. Everyone says the queen is only for show, but she has a huge role to fill. To a man, his wife is immeasurably important. However, I don't have the freedom to search for someone myself. Yet that doesn't mean I want to take just any princess.

Lee: Your opinion could change after you marry her.

Woll: True. Though we'd be strangers at first, we could grow to rely on one another. I know that. But even without spending all that time building trust and understanding with some unknown princess, there's already someone right in front of me whose personality I know and who's likely to be strong in battle. I want to choose you.

Lee: What kind of logic is that?

Woll: What's wrong with it? I'm doing my best to court you, here.

Lee: It's because you're like that, you can't keep a woman. You don't have a shred of romanticism. Well, I suppose that's about right for me.

Woll: Oh? Then, you'll accept?

Lee: I have conditions. First, separate bedrooms.

Woll: Let me ask this as a test. Hypothetically speaking, if I tried to make a pass at you, what would you do?

Lee: I'd dislocate your arms, break about five or six ribs, and while I'm at it, kick you in the vitals.

Woll: Knowing that, why would I make a move on someone as dangerous as you? I could have as many nice, quiet women as I want.

Lee: (laughs) Even when I'm queen, I'll still call you an idiot.

Woll: If you suddenly changed, it would give me the creeps.

Lee: There's more. I'm skipping everything formal. I'll sneak out of the castle and play with the wolves.

Woll: I know. I never expected you to revamp your behavior simply because you've become queen. Plus, I like you best the way you are right now.

Lee: You have horrible taste in women.

Woll: I never said I wanted you as a woman. I want you as an ally. Okay, stand up. At this rate, I'll never get the proposal out.

Lee: Just say it as you are. It's not a proper marriage anyway.

Woll: All right, then. I, Woll Greek, propose marriage to Grindietta Rahden. However, this is as an ally. Instead of vows, we'll only sign the marriage certificate. With that in mind, I'd like you to accept.

Lee: If all I have to do is sign my name, then I accept.

Woll: You said it, right?

Lee: Yep, I said it.

Woll: Do you mean it?

Lee: Cut it out. (smiles) I'm going to marry you.