* * * Scene 1 * * *

Woll: (after stripping and turning to look at his companion) Hey.

Lee: What?

Woll: You...

Lee: What is it?

Woll: Should a good girl be baring her skin like that?

Lee: Good girl? Who?

Woll: You.

Lee: What did you say?

Woll: You... Don't you know whether you're a boy or a girl?

Lee: Huh...? (looks down at chest) What're these?!

* * * Scene 2 * * *

Lee: (discussing the pointlessness of retaking the throne by battling at Coral Castle) Even if you got Coral back, with the capital half destroyed and his allies all dead, Woll would be a naked king.

Galence: Listen, girl.

Lee: What is it, man?

Galence: I'm not "man," I'm Galence!

Lee: I'm Lee, Galence.

Galence: Since it's the king's will, I'm forced to obey. You are free to say and do what you please. However, to call His Majesty by his name is rude!

Lee: Galence. That's what names are for. (shakes her head in sympathy at the frustrated knight) Now, look. You're getting all angry because you believe I'm a girl. Don't you think you oughtn't let that bother you?

* * * Scene 3 * * *

Bandit: (holding Woll captive) Hey! Girl! You listening? I'm going to count to ten! If you don't come out before I finish, I'll cut your man's head off!

Lee: (after coming out and tossing aside her sword) Let's get this straight. He's not my man.

Bandit: What...?

Lee: He's an idiot, stubborn, and dense. I'm not so forgiving that I'd take him as my man. (turns to Woll) I told you to protect yourself.

Woll: I'm quite ashamed.

Lee: All you do is hold me back. I'm always having to look after you.

Woll: I'm really sorry. (wishes he could hang his head, but there's a blade to his neck) But I didn't come quietly. I took out five of them.

Lee: Huh? Same as me, then.

Woll: Oh? Not as good as usual for you.

Lee: I couldn't help it, it seems they were trying to take me alive. It's harder for me to sense them when there's no intent to kill. These guys really underrate people.

Woll: No kidding. They should have ignored me and concentrated on you.

* * * Scene 4 * * *

Even: And? What's a king who should be taking back Coral doing all alone in a place like this?

Woll: I'm not alone. (indicates Lee) This girl is Grindietta Rahden, my battle companion.

Even: (whispers) When did you develop that kind of taste?

Woll: It's not at all what you're thinking. It seems I'm not up to her standards as a potential lover.

Lee: Oh? Has what I said earlier been bothering you?

Woll: Well, under the circumstances, I'm sure you had no choice but to say it.

Lee: True. Of course, you *are* a dense, stubborn idiot.

Woll: Lee...

Lee: (laughs) I don't have anything against dense, stubborn idiots. It's better than being too clever for your own good.

Woll: I get it. Let's just leave it at that.

* * * Scene 5 * * *

Woll: (after hearing that Black Master ran off with Lee on his back) I don't think it's anything to worry about.

Dora: You mean, you don't care if that girl turns up as a corpse?

Woll: You all seem to be under the impression that she'll be trampled to death. If she said she'll be back by evening, then that's what'll happen. There's nothing to worry about.

Dora: Even if she doesn't die, there's no telling how long Black Master will keep running. She could be carried so far she can't return today. Who knows what could happen to a child left alone in the forest? Do you think she'll get safely through the night?

Woll: Wanna make a bet?

Dora: Your Majesty!

Woll: Let me finish. She's saved my life three times, each time using superhuman skills. I believe there's no mistake, she'll come back safely.

Dora: If, as you say, she returns alive, I'll eat my beard. There's absolutely no chance of such a thing.

Woll: It's whether she'll be riding the horse or not when she comes back that's in question. But if no one will even believe that she'll return alive, this doesn't make for a bet.

* * * Scene 6 * * *

Even: (bathing in a pond) Lee, it's in poor taste to peep.

Lee: I'm not peeping, though even if I wanted to, there's nothing interesting for me to see. (strips and joins him in the pond)

Even: You know, you are technically a girl. You shouldn't jump into a place with naked men looking like that. They'll see everything.

Lee: I don't care if someone sees.

Even: You might not, but we do! There is something on a man's body he doesn't want seen.

Lee: (looking beneath the water's surface) That's not so special. Up until a little while ago, I used to have one too.

* * * Scene 7 * * *

Nashias: What on earth did you do, Lee?

Lee: (drops a bag full o' Baluro in front of him) Here, a souvenir for you.

Nashias: Souvenir? For me?

Lee: Yep, I'm giving it to you.

Nashias: (peeks in the bag) Can I really have this?

Lee: That's what I brought it for.

* * * Scene 8 * * *

Woll: How can you tell that there's poison in the food?

Lee: If forced to answer, I guess I'd say instinct.

Woll: I'm envious. That instinct would be convenient. My food has to go through so many poison testers, it's always cold by the time it gets to me.

Lee: It's not a matter of convenience! It's life or death to me!

Woll: (to Shera) I got an idea. If it's lethality that she senses, why don't you try putting less in, or something that's minor? Like a paralyzing drug, or a laxative.

Lee: Woll! You--! It would be me being paralyzed or getting diarrhea!

Woll: Hmm. But at this rate, my precious daughter might be injured. This is dangerous. I should move in here with you.

Lee: Are you playing around?

Woll: Of course not. It's only natural that I worry about you, isn't it? That's a father's duty.

Lee: Go ahead, keep talking. It'll be a perfect opportunity to test whether your head can stay attached to your body.