University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
June 26-27, 2000
Sponsored by NSF
Links will be added to items as they become available.
List of Top 10 Challenges in Logic Control for
- Report to NSF [pdf]
- Article for IEEE Control Systems Magazine and/or IEEE Robotics and
- Article for ASME DSCD Newsletter
- Article for Control Engineering, Managing Automation, I&CS,
- Add presentations,
session summaries to web page
Jim Mooney from Comaupico has suggested an industrial application that
can be used as a benchmarking problem for logic control design
approaches. OP 790 is a stand-alone
automatic station. It consists of the conveyor devices for
trafficking and locating a pallet, a bolt feeder, the tooling for
selecting a separator plate from one of four stacks and placing it on
the pump casting, and the tooling for the powerhead spindles.
Complete specifications for the logic controller for this station have
been provided by Comaupico.
- Organize conference sessions at ASME, National Manufacturing Week, SME,
- Similar workshop in 2-3 years?
- Student visits to industry
- Project courses for undergrads/grads
- Curriculum development
- Continuing education/on-the-job-training