Department of Physics
University of Michigan
450 Church St.
Ann Arbor, MI 48109
Office: 2245 Randall
Education and Training
- BS 2002, Physics, Peking University, China
Thesis: Properties of complex networks
- PhD 2009, Physics, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Thesis: Quantum liquid crystal phases in strongly correlated fermionic systems
- Postdoctoral Fellow 2009-2012, Joint Quantum Institute, University of Maryland, College Park.
Mengxing Ye, J. W. Allen and Kai Sun
Topological crystalline Kondo insulators and universal topological surface states of SmB6,
Arxiv preprint arXiv:1307.7191 (2013)
- Kai Sun, W. Vincent Liu, Andreas Hemmerich, and S. Das Sarma,
Topological Semimetal in a Fermionic Optical Lattice,
Nature Physics 8, 67 (2012)
- Ying-Hai Wu, J. K. Jain and Kai Sun,
Adiabatic Continuity Between Hofstadter and Chern Insulators,
Physical Review B 86, 165129 (2012)
- Kai Sun, Zhengcheng Gu, Hosho Katsura, and S. Das Sarma,
Nearly Flatbands with Nontrivial Topology,
Physical Review Letters 106, 236803 (2011).
- Maxim Dzero, Kai Sun, Victor Galitski, and Piers Coleman,
Topological Kondo Insulators,
Physical Review Letters 104, 106408 (2010).
- Kai Sun, Hong Yao, Eduardo Fradkin, and Steven A. Kivelson,
Topological Insulators and Nematic Phases from Spontaneous Symmetry Breaking in 2d Fermi Systems with a Quadratic Band Crossing,
Physical Review Letters 103, 046811 (2009).
- Topological states of matter
- Strongly correlated systems