Email: stevmatt (at) umich (dot) edu
Office: East Hall 1860
I am a third-year Ph.D. candidate in mathematics at the University of Michigan
, interested in algebraic geometry and non-Archimedean geometry. My advisor is Mattias Jonsson
I am co-organizing the student algebraic geometry seminar
In past semesters, I was a GSI for Math 110 (Fall 2016), Math 115 (Fall 2014, 2015), and Math 116 (Winter 2015, 2016). In addition, I was a TA for MMSS
"Introduction to Cryptography" during the summer of 2015, an IBL course for high-school students.
- "A non-Archimedean Ohsawa-Takegoshi extension theorem''. Submitted. arXiv:1701.04839.
- "Conformally Covariant Operators and Conformal Invariants on Weighted Graphs", with Dmitry Jakobson, Thomas Ng, & Mashbat Suzuki. Geometriae Dedicata 174 (2015), 339-357. [pdf]
- Math 679, Perfectoid Spaces, Winter 2017, taught by Bhargav Bhatt (see course website). [pdf]
- Learning seminar on Adic Spaces, Winter 2017, organized by Bhargav Bhatt. [pdf]; see also the notes of Rankeya Datta and Takumi Murayama.
- "On the de Rham Cohomology of Algebraic Varieties," April 2015. [pdf]
- "Hilbert Polynomials," March 2015. [pdf]
- "Weyl's Law," October 2014. [pdf]
- "The Heat Kernel for Forms," April 2014. [pdf]
- "Weyl's Law on Hyperbolic Riemann Surfaces," April 2014. [pdf]
- "The Algebraic Torus Theorem," April 2014. [pdf].
- "Small Categories Without Loops & Complexes of Groups," December 2013. [pdf].
- "An Introduction to Belyi Surfaces," for the Delta-Epsilon, December 2013. [pdf].