Monday, January 21, 2008

August Rush

Today I walked into the dollar movie theater at the Briarwood Mall. Two hours later, I walked out in complete tears. No, I wasn't crying because I sat in spilled slushy syrup. No, it wasn't because the theater smelt like flatulence and Cheeto's. No, it wasn't because the top third was cutoff by the crappy projection angle. It was because August Rush is THE MOST POWERFUL movie I have ever seen, PERIOD. Without exaggeration, I was crying almost the entire movie. In fact, the ending was so powerful that I started getting concerned about bothering the other patrons.

Freddie Highmore, Kerri Russell, and Jonathan Rhys Meyers are absolutely amazing. Robin Williams plays a role I have never seen him play before, and is utterly brilliant. Not to mention, the soundtrack is incredible. If you love music, watch this movie. It'll take your heart and shred it into pieces like a dog with a cheap chew toy.

4 Comments:

• I do so miss the dollar movies. I live in Florida and we don't anything for a dollar here it seems. We have $8 movies with $5 popcorn and $5 sodas. We just wait for dvd's now. It's ridiculous to try to go to movies anymore.

By Anonymous Ephena, At March 10, 2008 12:00 AM  

• so the msu game at the beginning of next year must be like a collision of rage for you

By Anonymous GBear, At March 28, 2008 2:47 AM  

• ah yes, when I saw this movie, I was amazed when the kid playing that guitar, the music is so cool, feel the music everywhere ...

By Anonymous mitub, At June 14, 2008 12:16 PM  

• I saw this movie in Central Park, on the actual stage where the climax of the movie takes place. It was incredible.

By Blogger Paul, At December 25, 2008 11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home