Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Simpsonize Me

As most of you are probably aware, Fox is releasing "The Simpsons Movie" this Friday, July 27. I will spare you with my opinion about the degradation of the greatest TV series that ever existed. Instead I'll point out that, as part of their marketing campaign, Fox has collaborated with Burger King to create a website in which you can "Simpsonize" yourself. The idea is that you can upload a picture of yourself (needs to be a headshot) and the website will convert your picture into a Simpsons-style character. When I first heard about this, I thought it was genius. Who doesn't want to know what they'd look like as a Simpson? Also, how in the world are they able to analyze a photo and convert it? I was intrigued to find out more.

I immediately tried to log on to the site: www.simpsonizeme.com only to find out that it doesn't work. After 24 hours of checking back and receiving errors that say something like "The doo-hi-ki isn't reading the watcha-ma call it," I was ready to throw the computer monitor out the window. However, I finally got it to work at 2am EST. The picture at the above right is me, Simpsonized. Wow, I don't ride a skateboard, but that's pretty accurate. He's got spiky hair, he's short, and a slightly evil grin. Okay, so I'm just kidding. But my aunt (former HR VP at Fox) always told me they modeled Bart after me. Anyways, I Simpsonized myself and Jovauna. The results are at the right. That's sorta close, I guess. They give you the option of modifying the picture but I didn't do too much. Go try it for yourself, if you can get it to work.

3 Comments:

• Do you have a myspace? As a promotional stint for the Simpsons movie, they are letting people create Simpsons avitars.

By Blogger Jennie, At July 24, 2007 10:19 PM  

• I don't have myspace. However, I have noticed the ability to make a Simpsons avitar. Did you make one?

By Blogger Scott, At July 25, 2007 11:41 AM  

• I did make one, I sent it to Jo, but I don't think it looks as cool. I went onto the site that you guys went on, but alas! It didn't work for me.

By Blogger Jennie, At July 26, 2007 3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home