On Thursday, Nov. 18 we will have a structured work session for your group projects. (Presentations will be Nov. 30 - Dec. 7). The purpose of this session is to problem-solve both methodological and conceptual questions arising in your projects. Please focus on methods and analytical issues: the detailed substantive issues will be the focus of your actual presentations at the end of the month.
To aid this process, each group needs to submit, via email, brief answers
(1 sentence to one paragraph) to several questions (see below). I
will use these answers to structure the discussion.
EACH GROUP MUST PROVIDE ANSWERS TO EACH OF THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS AND MAIL TO THE CLASS LISTSERVER BY *WEDNESDAY, NOV. 17*. (ONE SUBMISSION PER GROUP.)
PROVIDE ANSWERS TO EACH QUESTION BELOW (1 SENTENCE TO 1 PARAGRAPH each).
BE CONCISE AND SPECIFIC.
IN THE SUBJECT HEADER, TYPE: "UP532 PROJECT: [PROJECT NAME]"
and send to the class listserver: email@example.com
-------IN YOUR REPLY ONLY INCLUDE TEXT BELOW THIS LINE--------
1. GROUP MEMBERS
2. TITLE OF GROUP PROJECT
3. YOUR CENTRAL RESEARCH QUESTION
4. YOUR INITIAL HYPOTHESIS (EXPECTED ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION)
5. WHAT FINDINGS HAVE CONFIRMED YOUR INITIAL EXPECTATIONS?
6. WHAT FINDINGS HAVE SURPRISED YOU?
7. WHAT HAS BEEN THE MAIN METHODOLOGICAL CHALLENGE TO YOUR PROJECT?
8. WHAT HAS BEEN THE MAIN CONCEPTUAL/THEORETICAL CHALLENGE TO