Blacksmith Shop - Manchester
In 1877 local masons built this shop in eight days. Its first owner, William F. Neebling, built wagons and followed the blacksmith trade until 1909, when he sold the business to Theodore Morschheuser. John F. Schneider apprenticed to Morschheuser in 1911 and bought the shop in 1922. Schneider worked as a blacksmith until his death in 1952. The building, one of Michiganís last intact main-street blacksmith shops, was purchased by the Manchester Area Historical Society in 1982.