R. Vershynin | Students
- 2005-2009: Deanna Needell (Ph.D.)
Thesis: Topics in Compressed Sensing.
After spending 2009-2011 as a postdoc at Stanford University (at Mathematics and Statistics departments),
Deanna moved to a tenure-track job at Claremont McKenna College.
- 2006-2009: Yuting Yang (graduate research student).
Her first employment (2011-) was Risk Management Solutions.
- 2009-2011: Nikita Nikishin.
He was a homeschooled student supported by our
NSF Focused Research Group.
He was a participant at Michigan Math and Science Scholars in 2009.
- 2011: David Bruce, University of Michigan (REU).
Topic: A multivariate median in Banach spaces and applications to robust PCA.
- 2012: Albert Ai, Princeton University and
Alex Lapanowski, University of Michigan (REU), co-advised
with Dr. Yaniv Plan.
Research topic: Signal recovery from non-gaussian single-bit measurements.
- 2012-: Can Le (Ph.D., Statistics). Can is jointly advised
by Prof. Liza Levina at Statistics Department and by me.
- 2014: Matthew Bauerle and Xinyan Han, University of Michigan (REU), co-advised by Dr. Yaniv Plan.
Ttopic: Modeling type 1 diabetes with a linear response function based model.
- 2014-: Joseph Borja, University of Michigan, M.S. Research area: high-dimensional estimation.