R. Vershynin | Students, Postdocs
- 2005-2009: Deanna Needell,
UC Davis, Ph.D.
Deanna's thesis was on Topics in Compressed Sensing.
After spending 2009-2011 as a postdoc at Stanford University (Mathematics and Statistics departments),
Deanna became a professor at Claremont McKenna College. Deanna's numerous awards include
Sloan Research Fellowship, NSF CARREER Award, and IEEE Best Young Author Paper Award.
- 2006-2009: Yuting Yang, UC Davis and University of Michigan, graduate research student.
Starting 2011, Yuting was at Risk Management Solutions.
- 2009-2011: Nikita Nikishin, homeschool student supported by our
NSF Focused Research Group.
He was a participant at Michigan Math and Science Scholars in 2009.
- 2011: David Bruce, University of Michigan (REU).
Topic: A multivariate median in Banach spaces and applications to robust PCA.
- 2011-2014: Yaniv Plan,
NSF Postdoctoral Fellow and Hildebrandt Assistant Professor in Mathematics at University of Michigan.
Yaniv is now a professor at University of British Columbia.
- 2012: Albert Ai, Princeton University and
Alex Lapanowski, University of Michigan (REU), co-advised
with Dr. Yaniv Plan.
Research topic: Signal recovery from non-gaussian single-bit measurements.
- 2012-: Can Le, University of Michigan, Ph.D. (Statistics).
Can is jointly advised
by Prof. Liza Levina at Statistics Department and by me.
- 2014: Matthew Bauerle and Xinyan Han, University of Michigan (REU), co-advised by Dr. Yaniv Plan.
Ttopic: Modeling type 1 diabetes with a linear response function based model.
- 2014-: Beatrice Vristiou,
Postdoctoral Assistant Professor at University of Michigan.
- 2014-: Joseph Borja, University of Michigan, M.S. Research area: high-dimensional estimation.
- 2014-: Elizaveta Rebrova, University of Michigan, Ph.D. Research area: high-dimensional probability.