I am an assistant professor at the University of Michigan School of Information. I received my PhD degree from the Department of Computer Science at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
I got my Bachelor's degree from Peking University, China.
I have a broad interest in real world problems related to text information management. My research focuses on Information Retrieval and Text Mining, with
applications in web, social media, scientific literature, bioinformatics, and health informatics. I also have a strong interest in Machine Learning, Data Mining, Natural Language Processing, and Social Networks. Click here to know more about my research.
Honors and Awards
- Social Network Co-Chair : KDD 2012
- Track Co-Chair: WWW 2011 (Behavioral Analysis and Personalization).
- Program Committee Member: ACM SIGIR 2008-2010;
ACM KDD 2010;
WWW 2008-2010, 2012;
ACM CIKM 2008-2010;
ECDM 2007-2008 .
- Reviewer: ACM Transactions on Information Systems (TOIS);
IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering (TKDE);
ACM Transactions on the Knowledge Discovery from Data (TKDD);
ACM Transactions on the Web (TWEB);
Information Retrieval (IRJ);
IEEE Transactions on Services Computing (TSC);
International Journal of Data Warehousing and Mining;
Neurocomputing; Knowledge and Information Systems;
- SI601 Data Manipulation (Winter 2010)
- SI650 Information Retrieval (Winter 2010, Winter 2011, Winter 2012)
- SI544 Introduction to Statistics and Data Analysis (Fall 2011)
- SI508 Networks: Theory and Application (Fall 2009, Fall 2010)
- SI721 Data Mining: Methods and Applications (Fall 2012)
Last Updated: Sept. 2010