I am an associate professor at the University of Michigan School of Information. I received my PhD degree from the Department of Computer Science at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
I received my Bachelor's degree from Peking University.
My major research interests include data mining and information retrieval. I am particularly interested in analyzing large scale text data, social and information networks, and user behavior data. My research is broadly applied to Web search and mining, social computing, scientific literature mining, and health informatics. I am also broadly interested in natural language processing, machine learning, social network analysis, and bioinformatics.
Honors and Awards
- Area Chair : ICJNLP 2013 (Information Retrieval)
- Social Network Co-Chair : KDD 2012
- Track Co-Chair: WWW 2011 (Behavioral Analysis and Personalization).
- Program Committee Member:
ACM KDD 2010, 2011, 2013;
ACM SIGIR 2008-2010;
WWW 2008-2010, 2012, 2013;
ACM CIKM 2008-2010;
ECDM 2007-2008 .
ACM Transactions on Information Systems (TOIS);
IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering (TKDE);
ACM Transactions on the Knowledge Discovery from Data (TKDD);
ACM Transactions on Intelligent Systems and Technology (TIST);
ACM Transactions on the Web (TWEB);
ACM Transactions on Multimedia Computing, Communications and Applications (TOMCCAP);
IEEE Transactions on Services Computing (TSC);
IEEE Transactions on Affective Computing (TOAC);
Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association (JAMIA);
Journal of Artificial Intelligence Research (JAIR);
Information Retrieval (IRJ);
Information Processing & Management (IP & M);
International Journal of Data Warehousing and Mining;
Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery (DAMI);
Neurocomputing; Knowledge and Information Systems; etc.
- SI601 Data Manipulation (Winter 2010)
- SI650/EECS549 Information Retrieval (Winter 2010, Winter 2011, Winter 2012, Winter 2013)
- SI544 Introduction to Statistics and Data Analysis (Fall 2011)
- SI508 Networks: Theory and Application (Fall 2009, Fall 2010)
- SI721 Data Mining: Methods and Applications (Fall 2012, Fall 2013)
Last Updated: Sept. 2010