The HyperBibliography of Middle English
- Source of the electronic text
- MED Plan and Bibliography (1954).
- MED Plan and Bibliography Supplement (1984).
- Card collection of titles gathered from 1984 to present.
- Includes descriptions of approximately 8,000 individual 'stencils.'
A sample stencil: c1275(?a1216) Owl & N. (Clg A.9)
i.e., an abbreviated reference to the poem "The Owl & the Nightingale," probably composed before 1216, as preserved in the British Library manuscript Cotton Caligula A.9 (written around 1275).
- 7450 stencils prepared so far, arranged under 5180 entries.
- 4700 of these (3385 entries) available on-line now.
- Entire bibliography available by midsummer 1999.
- SGML-encoded using a specially constructed DTD.
- Existing bibliography augmented by much added and updated information.
- Dense encoding of bibliographic data.
- Interlinking of MEC components as well as external resources.
- An independent bibliographic resource for Middle English.
- Flexible and extensible.
||Edited and Reviewed|