The Federal Tool Kit
...collects in one handy box the tools provided by the U.S.
Government that are of most use to citizens wishing to bend and shape
their government, and to affect the way that their government turns out. Whether
you are looking only to find the best candidate to vote for,
or to help form the laws,
attach, remove, or modify regulations, or to ensure that
regulatory and legal blueprints are followed, you will find some tools
here to fit the job. Keep in mind that not all are easy to use,
most require some practice to use well, and not all tasks can be
accomplished with the government-supplied tools available.
Tools and Techniques
The Tool Kit is organized in drawers, according to the most common situations
encountered by the do-it-yourselfer: candidate selection and voting, laws and the
legislative process, and the creation and enforcement of rules, policies, and
regulations. Just click on the appropriate drawer.
- General purpose tools
- Sometimes the best tools--and often the handiest--these
multipurpose pocket tools can do a little bit of everything.
- Candidates and other raw materials
- Nothing has a greater long-term effect on the results of any
project than choosing the right materials to begin with. A guide to the
evaluation of candidates for office.
- Working with Legislation
- The equipment necessary to obtain details on the bills,
amendments, and resolutions that are pending in Congress; and to learn whom
to contact and how with your support or opposition.
- Working with Regulations
- The equipment necessary to obtain details on the regulations
proposed by the various regulatory agencies of the Federal Government, and to
learn whom to contact if you wish to comment on a regulation--or propose your
- Is it straight and square? Influencing enforcement
- The equipment necessary to draw errors or omissions of legal and
regulatory enforcement to the attention of those responsible for it.
- Are the tools dull? Lodging a complaint
- If government actions and inactions themselves are
to blame, you may want to have a look in this drawer for the appropriate
means by which to lodge a complaint