8-Fold Home | pro pages | home
The Eight-fold Path to Right Searching: Tips, Tasks, & Tools
course content by P. F. Anderson, email@example.com,
presented by P. F. Anderson and Karen Reiman-Sendi.
Answers to these questions and much more will be provided in this class, with a focus on matching the tool to the task.
- What search engine has the best ranking of search results? (Hint: It is not always the one you might think.)
- What search engine gives you pictures of the web pages it found?
- What search engine searches both the web and printed books at the same time?
- What search engine offers suggestions for the next concept you might include in your search?
- What are some ways to get more quality reviewed links?
- Is there a way to search words you do not type into your search?
CAVEAT: Please note that these web pages are intended to be used only as part of the instructional process, or as a resource for persons who have already taken the class. Class handouts available here: Bookmark [PDF 360KB] | Session 1 Handout [PDF 73KB] | Session 2 Handout [PDF 79 KB] | Slides 1 | Slides 2 | Extra handouts: Chain of Trust & FRIAR
8-Fold Home | Sections: Tips and
Tasks and Tools (and a Finale)
"Precision working - Using the body and/or tools or work aids to work, move, guide and place objects or materials in order to attain specified standards. Selection of appropriate tools, objects or materials and the adjustment of the tool to the task require considerable judgement." -- Human Resources Development Canada. "Glossary: Data/Information, People, Things." National Occupational Classification (NOC 1992). URL: http://www23.hrdc-drhc.gc.ca/92/e/Gloss/dpt.shtml
8-Fold Home | pro pages | Home
(c)1995-2007, P. F. Anderson, firstname.lastname@example.org, all text, images, code, etcetera. Please request permission. Last Update: Thursday, 10-May-2007 11:53:52 EDT
URL of current page: http://www-personal.umich.edu/~pfa/pro/8fold/