Translate into Hindi. Use the passive where possible.
1. A tika ( Xika m
2) can be applied with the thumb.
2. You don't tell a person this to his face.
3. Don't put those bottles here. Otherwise, they'll
deliberately ( j:an:-b:ÜJ:kr ) be broken ( t:að_ ).
4. By then Nixon had already been implicated ( X ka n:am: l:ð ) in the Watergate affair.
5. Every day the trash is taken away at six o'clock.
6. Okay, we can sit ( b:òYkr ) here and take a quick look
( n:z:r ) at the examination
7. She's to be seen ( s:aT: dð ) to her door.
Return to notes on the passive.
To index of grammatical notes.
To index of m:lhar.
Keyed in by ev:v:ðk Ag:rv:al: 2-3 May 2002. Posted 23 May 2002.