Translate into Hindi. Use V-t:ð V-t:ð (or V-O V-O ) wherever possible.
1. I fell down while I was (in the midst of) running ( B:ag:- ).
2. By the time it became evening ( S:am:, f.) a crowd had gathered ( j:m:a hað- ).
3. By the time a crowd ( B:i_, f.) gathered it had become evening.
4. What are you looking at standing (around) there like that ( y:Üú ) ?
5. There almost was an accident ( dØG:üXn:a, f.).
6. He laughed while listening to what I was saying ( m:ðri b:at: ).
7. She drowned ( RÜb: j:a- ) right before (our) eyes.
8. Be patient! ( s:b:r krað ! ) It takes time for water to boil ( ub:l:-).
To conversion exercise.
Back to notes on V-t:ð V-t:ð.
To index of grammatical notes.
To index of m:lhar.
Drafted and posted 25-6 & 29 Aug 2002.