- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup cream
- 2 yukon gold potatoes, peeled and sliced thin
- salt and pepper to taste
- nutmeg to taste
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 or 2 salmon fillet, about 1-1/2 pounds
1) Preheat oven to 350 F
2) Cover bottom of glass baking dish large enough to hold both fillets side by side with a layer of potato slices.
3) Add butter and cream to dish.
4) Microwave on high for about 12 minutes, until potato is mostly cooked through.
5) Season both sides of fish with salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
6) Remove dish from microwave and sprinkle with shallots.
7) Heat a large skillet over a medium burner. Sear both sides of the salmon fillets briefly.
8) Place salmon flesh side down on potatoes. Bake until cooked through.
Dale Austin firstname.lastname@example.org
All images and text copyright 1977-2003 Dale Austin