Lectures: TuTh 12:00PM - 1:30PM, in 1005 DOW
Instructor: Marina A. Epelman, email@example.com
Office: 2845 IOE, Office hours: see Canvas page for current information
Announcements (last updated 09/04/2017)
- Students enrolled in the course must access the Canvas website here for up-to-date announcements, assignments, etc. Please contact the instructor ASAP if you cannot access the website after the first day of classes.
- Students who are waitlisted will have access to the Canvas website until the enrollment is finalized.
- If you would like to take the course as a visitor, please contact the instructor.
- This website contains open-access materials for the course, i.e., lecture schedule, lecture notes and/or slides, and some reference materials. Feel free to use these materials for your reference.
- The textbook for this course is Convex Optimization by Stephen Boyd and Lieven Vandenberghe. It is available for purchase at campus bookstores and other retailers. A PDF file of it is made available by the authors here. There has only been one edition of the book, but multiple printings, each correcting errors and typos. Check which date/printing of the book you have, and incorporate appropriate corrections from the errata
- Links to information on using MATLAB and CVX (a special MATLAB package used in this course), as well as LaTeX (a typesetting system for writing technical material) will be collected here