This page contains downloadable files of the full exercises from each chapter of the book Computational Physics by Mark Newman. There is a single zip file for each chapter containing the exercises in LaTeX format, along with figures and an example PDF file. You can also download the exercises for all chapters at once as a single file by clicking here. There are no exercises for Chapters 1 and 11.
A solutions manual containing the solutions to all exercises is available (for free) to instructors at accredited institutions. Contact the author here.
Exercises by chapter
Click on a chapter to download:
- Chapter 2: Python programming for physicists
- Chapter 3: Graphics and visualization
- Chapter 4: Accuracy and speed
- Chapter 5: Integrals and derivatives
- Chapter 6: Solution of linear and nonlinear equations
- Chapter 7: Fourier transforms
- Chapter 8: Ordinary differential equations
- Chapter 9: Partial differential equations
- Chapter 10: Random processes and Monte Carlo methods